Sponsored

Anybody have experience with Superwinch?

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Sure, it's made in China, but what winch isn't? What's a good affordable winch that's made in USA from all American made components?
Lol none

But you can pay 1200 for a Chinese warn that will burn out before a smitty if you want
Sponsored

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Sure, it's made in China, but what winch isn't? What's a good affordable winch that's made in USA from all American made components?
If you look at Warn, they are still making winches in Oregon.

VR series is not. And they don’t hide that. But winches like the 8274, M8000, and the Zeon series are made here.

Good article on this HERE

OP
OP
OnEdge

OnEdge

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Toyota LandCruiser
Occupation
Engineer
If you look at Warn, they are still making winches in Oregon.

VR series is not. And they don’t hide that. But winches like the 8274, M8000, and the Zeon series are made here.

Good article on this HERE
thanks NOOB. I’ll check it out.

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Nope just have owned winches. Tend to take first hand experience over someone writing an article.
Me too. And like I stated earlier, a buddy of mine used to SELL Smittybilt winches. Half of those he received were non-operational right out of the box.

Of the half that we’re complete and ready for sale, he got about half of those back as returns for QC issues.

I don’t know a single, serious off-roader using Smittybilt or Harbor Freight winches. You won’t see them saving the day at King of the Hammers.

Meanwhile, back in the SUPERWINCH thread, I highly recommend their Tigershark or Talon winches. Solid, time proven Designs.

:rock:

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Me too. And like I stated earlier, a buddy of mine used to SELL Smittybilt winches. Half of those he received were non-operational right out of the box.

Of the half that we’re complete and ready for sale, he got about half of those back as returns for QC issues.

I don’t know a single, serious off-roader using Smittybilt or Harbor Freight winches. You won’t see them saving the day at King of the Hammers.

Meanwhile, back in the SUPERWINCH thread, I highly recommend their Tigershark or Talon winches. Solid, time proven Designs.

:rock:
Yes so definitely smittybilt. When I do my “non serious” off roading in the great NYS forests they always get the job done. Warn’s however... yikes

Once upon a time however I would never 2nd guess a warn
Sponsored