Sponsored

Anyone delete muffler and rear resonator?

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda deleted the suit case muffler and rear resonator.

I cut off a 10" section of pipe between the first resonator and the muffler then bolted on an exhaust cut out. Went with this option because it's an easy swap back to stock configuration.
Sponsored

Deleted member 39643

I kinda deleted the suit case muffler and rear resonator.

I cut off a 10" section of pipe between the first resonator and the muffler then bolted on an exhaust cut out. Went with this option because it's an easy swap back to stock configuration.
Got any sound clips? I am thinking of getting a cutout as the GF likes it quite but I like it loud.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Got any sound clips? I am thinking of getting a cutout as the GF likes it quite but I like it loud.
I plugged one end so that exhaust only exited through the cut out. So it's basically a muffler/resonator delete without removing the muffler/resonator. Unfortunately with this modification, I cannot switch to quiet mode.

This is what it sounds like before I modified the cut out.

Gremlinsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I deleted my muffler and the forward resonator today. Leaving the tail pipe resonator. Sound awesome

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I am thinking about cutting off the black resonator by the tail pipe, it is going to be in the way of my bed skids otherwise....I wonder what that will do to things if I leave everything else and put a turndown tip on it...

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
I am thinking about cutting off the black resonator by the tail pipe, it is going to be in the way of my bed skids otherwise....I wonder what that will do to things if I leave everything else and put a turndown tip on it...
My guess is it will still be very quiet. That suitcase muffler is huge.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My guess is it will still be very quiet. That suitcase muffler is huge.
That’s what I am hoping for! I think you are right.

GRAVLER

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
That’s what I am hoping for! I think you are right.
Ever end up doing this? Im thinking about doing the same for mine. That was I can increase rear clearance and remove the heat shield. I'm also hoping will not be too loud. have any sounds clips if so?

OP
OP

Dercou01

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ever end up doing this? Im thinking about doing the same for mine. That was I can increase rear clearance and remove the heat shield. I'm also hoping will not be too loud. have any sounds clips if so?
Hey, I ended up just cutting the suitcase muffler out and left the rear resonator. The videos I've tried to capture the sound aren't really helpful. The sound isn't much different outside the vehicle, slightly louder at idle, but you can hear it when you get on the gas hard. I do find with highway driving it's a little droney but not enough to revert back. The interior clips aren't much help either. Bestop Sunrider and aftermarket tires add to the noise but it reads 90dB at 70-75mph.

Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
I removed the front muffler and resonator and replaced it with a Magnaflow muffler. The rear resonator was left in place. It was exactly what I was looking for other than a drone around 2100 to 2200 rpm. I had the muffler shop install a J-pipe and that killed the drone. It's perfect now. Not too loud, mellow and I can actually hear it now as opposed to the absolute silence of the stock exhaust.
Do you have any pics of your setup from underneath?

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did it, sounds good to me I don’t notice a drone. I noticed it more with the AWE exhaust I sold

F7AB4E96-AE76-47A2-8C19-1045AF7A30C5.jpeg

9B99B79D-ACA6-4352-A047-064CC46C0EAC.jpeg
This looks awesome! I just want to confirm what I’m looking at 😂.

Is this the Magnaflow muffler you installed? Did you keep any portion of the OEM exhaust?
Sponsored