Sponsored

Anyone else use their Gladiator for a mobile office ?

H2O

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi Mojave w/ Pimp Pkg
Occupation
New Home Builder
Any one have pics of their mobile office ? Since I work out of my JT, (Bummer), I had to bite the bullet & fork out some bucks to get a solid phone & iPad mount. Although pricey, these mounts are worth every penny. Numerous configs' from these vendors. GPS City & Bulletpoint's transactions were flawless & both delivered in 3 days.

Phone mount from Bulletpoint. You can get a holder instead of a magnet. Magnet is extremely strong & my phone has not fallen off once, even off road. $65

iPad mount is a Ram Mount from GPS City. iPad placement is perfect and you can work on it without leaning over. This mount does not interfere with the passenger's space. $160

Looking for other ideas to make my day more efficient.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone else use their Gladiator for a mobile office ? IMG_5187 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Anyone else use their Gladiator for a mobile office ? IMG_5188 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Anyone else use their Gladiator for a mobile office ? IMG_5189 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Anyone else use their Gladiator for a mobile office ? IMG_5190 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Anyone else use their Gladiator for a mobile office ? IMG_5191 (1)
Sponsored

DesertRunner

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Giulia
I'm using RAM mounts and Carolina Metal Masters balls.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I use my Glad Rubi almost every day for work. As an Investigator I use it to scout addresses, drive to locations where I will interview people, and when called to surveil someone in the desert... the Jeep does it all. I was watching and videotaping an unlicensed Dog Breeder who had been told by the County to cease and desist. The ass didn't, and in the middle of nowhere in the desert west of Barstow She saw me sitting exposed a mile from her compound and the fool wanted trouble... but I thought better of it and let the bad boy flex its legs..... left her piece of shit Toyota 4Runner eating Jeep dust........ I collect 58 cents per mile and $65.00 per hour driving what I love. Can't beat that, and you can't beat a Jeep. As a side note.... watch the attached video

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
I will spend a lot of time in my Glady when it arrives. I am hoping for a way to connect both my personal phone and my work phone to the system and answer calls on either one. A wireless charging option of some sort that mounts like yours would be ideal. Need to research this more......

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
So I guess my question about using a magnet holder for my phone is, what does that do to the storage on my phone like pictures and videos? I'm used to laptops and desktops that definitely have issues with having a magnet near the hard drive.....don't the phones have negative effects from a powerful magnet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
H2O

H2O

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi Mojave w/ Pimp Pkg
Occupation
New Home Builder
I will spend a lot of time in my Glady when it arrives. I am hoping for a way to connect both my personal phone and my work phone to the system and answer calls on either one. A wireless charging option of some sort that mounts like yours would be ideal. Need to research this more......
Matt, there are options for wireless charging stations. Besides GPS City, Ram Mount & Bulletpoint, check out 67 Designs. There are a host of other vendors as well. Don't make the same mistake I did and go a less expensive option.
So I guess my question about using a magnet holder for my phone is, what does that do to the storage on my phone like pictures and videos? I'm used to laptops and desktops that definitely have issues with having a magnet near the hard drive.....don't the phones have negative effects from a powerful magnet?
I had the same thought as you before I purchased one over 5 years ago. I've had no issues at all with my last 3 iPhones. It comes with an adhesive football shaped thin piece of metal that sticks to the back of your phone or case. I really like the one handed, no look connection to the mount.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
In my Rubi JT I have both phones connected. I was not able to configure it, but someone much younger than me was........ Also..... I have the ARE topper and just love it

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Matt, there are options for wireless charging stations. Besides GPS City, Ram Mount & Bulletpoint, check out 67 Designs. There are a host of other vendors as well. Don't make the same mistake I did and go a less expensive option.

I had the same thought as you before I purchased one over 5 years ago. I've had no issues at all with my last 3 iPhones. It comes with an adhesive football shaped thin piece of metal that sticks to the back of your phone or case. I really like the one handed, no look connection to the mount.
I saw a JT console lid wireless charging station advertised on this forum. I asked my wife to get it for me for my birthday and she probably will. I believe you send in your console lid, and they convert it and then you reinstall... I also believe they will do the whole thing at a higher cost.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

Getting a universal holder from 67 designs is a tough task they are constantly showing sold out on the order page.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜81 CJ-5, ā€˜05 LJ, ā€˜21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
I'm using RAM mounts and Carolina Metal Masters balls.
Any pics would be appreciated.

Now that weā€™re getting back to in-person more Iā€™m finding myself back on the road and there are times if nothing else I can at least have my camera on to show people Iā€™m driving and not sitting by the pool sipping a mai tai with my camera off

How is the clearance with someone in the passenger seat? Will use it also for maps and donā€™t need my wife complaining all her leg room is gone.

Iā€™ve got all the first world problems here.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I run RAM mount products for all of my vehicles, even on my Kubota. The kit they have for the dash center bin is rock solid. My work van has the same iPad mount, super convienent and easy to position where I want it.

Their suction cup bases are also rock solid. I have 2 of those to hold my phone, work van and wives Tundra windshield. They also have a HD 3 suction cup mount for holding a camera or what ever on the outside. Never lost one. I recommend their products all the time.
Sponsored