Sponsored

Anyone found Yakima bars/mounts that fit into the Gladiator Trail Rail system?

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 97 Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2019 Coleman BT200X
I'm curious if any of the mounting brackets for the Yakima systems will fit into the Gladiator Trail Rail. I have some Yakima stuff already and would like to stay with the same company (and uniform key lock system).. thanks in advance!
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I don’t but have a set of Thule racks that I’m going to try once my truck comes in...

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I'm curious if any of the mounting brackets for the Yakima systems will fit into the Gladiator Trail Rail. I have some Yakima stuff already and would like to stay with the same company (and uniform key lock system).. thanks in advance!
The trail rail adaptor for the Tacoma fits. The gas cap comes in a little on the driver side into the bed. You will have to trim, or just place the bracket slightly back. I have the Yakima HD Outpost and works great. You will have to remove the rail system from the truck bed to slide the bracket bars in, but works just fine.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
The trail rail adaptor for the Tacoma fits. The gas cap comes in a little on the driver side into the bed. You will have to trim, or just place the bracket slightly back. I have the Yakima HD Outpost and works great. You will have to remove the rail system from the truck bed to slide the bracket bars in, but works just fine.
So you remove the rails and then put them back on? or do you have to actually remove the rails permanently. I was looking at this outpost hd system and it looks pretty great!

Sponsored

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
So you remove the rails and then put them back on? or do you have to actually remove the rails permanently. I was looking at this outpost hd system and it looks pretty great!
Take the rails off, slide the Tacoma bracket bar in and then reinstall the bed rails to the truck bed. The Yakima rack then bolts into the Tacoma adapter rail.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Take the rails off, slide the Tacoma bracket bar in and then reinstall the bed rails to the truck bed. The Yakima rack then bolts into the Tacoma adapter rail.
So I called Yakima and they said their outpost HD requires you to remove the rails and they won't go back on. Are they wrong?

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
So I called Yakima and they said their outpost HD requires you to remove the rails and they won't go back on. Are they wrong?
Yakima doesn’t have an adaptor labeled for the gladiator. The Tacoma rail adaptor lets you keep the rail on. However, it does take up a lot of space on the rail.

FA41262D-B25E-4126-BAA5-7933B5114FCA.jpeg

B50FE43C-3933-4489-A225-575A78D0AE68.jpeg

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve thought about cutting the bracket in two and taking out some of the wasted space. Haven’t gotten around to it yet though.

Sponsored

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
Yes and no,, you can take the rails off and use the C-clamps that are included with the Outpost or you can do it as explained above with additional hardware made for the Tacoma. I did the install with the Tacoma bracket but in hindsight I'd skip the extra $$ for the Tacoma adapters and remove the rails when I'm running with my tent. The double brackets on each leg of the Outpost takes up most of the rail anyhow rendering it kinda useless..

jWKNsthfRGioQPBwHTo2UQ.jpg
HIZRJbNFSu6151M8ipXgWg.jpg

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Yes and no,, you can take the rails off and use the C-clamps that are included with the Outpost or you can do it as explained above with additional hardware made for the Tacoma. I did the install with the Tacoma bracket but in hindsight I'd skip the extra $$ for the Tacoma adapters and remove the rails when I'm running with my tent. The double brackets on each leg of the Outpost takes up most of the rail anyhow rendering it kinda useless..

jWKNsthfRGioQPBwHTo2UQ.jpg
HIZRJbNFSu6151M8ipXgWg.jpg

The whole point of the rails is to make putting stuff on and taking it off quick and easy. Can't you slide the backing nuts into the rails and then move them into position before attaching the Toyota brackets so you don't have to remove the rails?

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
I just got my Jeep Gladiator and had Yakima roof racks on my G.Cherokee that I will be moving to the Gladiator.

I found these bed adapters

https://www.rei.com/product/150178/yakima-bedrock-hd-truck-rack-towers

I haven't ordered them yet and I don't have the cargo management rails on mine, but I may give them a try, unless someone says they will not work.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
A bit of a distance shot, but here it is with rack, tent, and awning installed.

036987A2-8008-4A4B-BAA1-0703ED8E19F1.jpeg
What awning are you running and how did you attach it to the crossbars?
The whole point of the rails is to make putting stuff on and taking it off quick and easy. Can't you slide the backing nuts into the rails and then move them into position before attaching the Toyota brackets so you don't have to remove the rails?
The backing nuts that are included are actually a long bar with the threads in each end. You cannot install it into the trail rail without unbolting the trail rail to gain clearance. You could probably cut the bar But I did not bother to see if it would’ve made it possible to R&R without unbolting the trail rail.

Give it time, Yakima or someone else will come up with a setup that works without all of the hassle..

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
What awning are you running and how did you attach it to the crossbars?

The backing nuts that are included are actually a long bar with the threads in each end. You cannot install it into the trail rail without unbolting the trail rail to gain clearance. You could probably cut the bar But I did not bother to see if it would’ve made it possible to R&R without unbolting the trail rail.

Give it time, Yakima or someone else will come up with a setup that works without all of the hassle..
Running the Yakima awning. It has the same mounting system as their tent. Just clamps that open and tighten on.
Sponsored