Sponsored

Anyone have experience with BadAss Tents?

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Came across this company: https://badasstents.com/
I like their molle version - very light and almost like the Go Fast Ultralight.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have experience with BadAss Tents? 1653504767618
I I also like their rugged "clamshell" version with the roof rack...
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have experience with BadAss Tents? 1653504823666

Prices are pretty good and they appear to be made in the USA. The first one can be purchased at a discount if you are wiling to assemble yourself. So - about $1700 for a fabric lightweight RTT - I think that is a pretty good deal... Anyone have any experience with them? Pics?
Sponsored

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
I will say I have Gfc superlight and that is 90in long and 50in wide. I am 5'11 and just fit without my feet hitting the top of the clamshell so to me 78in seems pretty small

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I will say I have Gfc superlight and that is 90in long and 50in wide. I am 5'11 and just fit without my feet hitting the top of the clamshell so to me 78in seems pretty small
Thanks - that makes sense. They have a larger version that is 88 inches long. Also - how high does your GFC open? BA Tents makes some noise about opening pretty high so there is less concern about slope near your fee.

Do you like the superlight? Am I correct in thinking that a lightweight fabric clamshell is a good solution for part time use? I don't plan to leave mine on all the time - I want to add and remove as needed (at least seasonally).

Thanks!

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I have never seen one or even heard of them so I cannot help you there. The price seems low so that could be good, or quality equal to the price. I can only tell you I have a CVT. The quality of the tent is the best I have seen. Low price is certainly attractive though, so I understand. I always remember that old saying, I think it was Ben Franklin. “The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten”

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Thanks - that makes sense. They have a larger version that is 88 inches long. Also - how high does your GFC open? BA Tents makes some noise about opening pretty high so there is less concern about slope near your fee.

Do you like the superlight? Am I correct in thinking that a lightweight fabric clamshell is a good solution for part time use? I don't plan to leave mine on all the time - I want to add and remove as needed (at least seasonally).

Thanks!
I like it A lot. I would eventually like a gfc camper but this is good for me now. I take it on and off so it works well for me. They don't make them anymore so you will have to find someone selling them if you want to get one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have never seen one or even heard of them so I cannot help you there. The price seems low so that could be good, or quality equal to the price. I can only tell you I have a CVT. The quality of the tent is the best I have seen. Low price is certainly attractive though, so I understand. I always remember that old saying, I think it was Ben Franklin. “The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten”
Thanks - CVT looks great and I like the functionality. But its hard to tell whether BA tents are poor quality. And CVT is pretty damn expensive. I am looking for something for limited use - 3-5 times a year - that won't stay on my JTR for long stretches.... and honestly I think a CVT would be overkill for my needs.

OP
OP
syreeves

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like it A lot. I would eventually like a gfc camper but this is good for me now. I take it on and off so it works well for me. They don't make them anymore so you will have to find someone selling them if you want to get one.
Yep - not much luck finding a reasonably priced new one. The all fabric BadAss Tent (first pic in my OP) feels like it could be similar...

Richard79

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler saha
Occupation
Oil field
I’m not sure I like how their ladder works judging by the one pic I seen of it

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I'll bet buttoning the snaps back up is a pain. Still $2K is a lot of money and even though its is considerably less that some of the nicer tents it is considerably less tent.
Sponsored