Sponsored

Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ?

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JTRD, Grand Cherokee , Jeep TJ, RZR XPT
Build Thread
Link
I am looking to get a set of mud flaps for my JTRD. I like the Rok Blokz but noticed on there site, that they may not fit on the diesel. I have reached out to Rok Blokz and they could not confirm if they will fit.

Anyone have these mounted on their diesel ?

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? 1648168291004
Sponsored

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
Yup. I had no issues on my JTRD.

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator; 2020 Ford F350
Front and rear. I believe mine are the XL, but that shouldn’t make any difference.

Azriel62

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Dodge dually, 05 Toyota Sequoia, 49 power wagon
Occupation
Retired
Front and rear. I believe mine are the XL, but that shouldn’t make any difference.
#GibbsonsMonkey, do you think they will fit with the Mopar sidesteps

Sponsored

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
Fit great on mine. Just posted pictures on another thread.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
They only say that because of the exhaust system, specifically aftermarket, but if you had an issue with the OEM exhaust, they are able to be trimed/cut.

from the website: This full set fits all 2020+ Jeep Gladiator trim levels, but rears may not work with the EcoDiesel Models due to the position of the exhaust

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
#GibbsonsMonkey, do you think they will fit with the Mopar sidesteps
depends if they protrude into the wheel well... they can be cut or ordered with holes precut... but I believe the precut is for the rubicon rails.
from the website:
This full set fits all 2020+ Jeep Gladiator trim levels, but rears may not work with the EcoDiesel Models due to the position of the exhaust

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JTRD, Grand Cherokee , Jeep TJ, RZR XPT
Build Thread
Link
I just installed these last week on my JTRD. Standard size. If the steps stick out into the wheel well you would need to cut a clearance hole in the flap for the step.

The fronts have a partially traced/ pre-cut section of the flap that can be removed for the the OEM Rubicon rock rails. If you do not have the rock rails you do not remove the pre-cut section.

The rears were a straight forward install. Exhaust side rear OEM bracket is replaced by the new Rock Blok bracket and not put back on.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I just installed these last week on my JTRD. Standard size. If the steps stick out into the wheel well you would need to cut a clearance hole in the flap for the step.

The fronts have a partially traced/ pre-cut section of the flap that can be removed for the the OEM Rubicon rock rails. If you do not have the rock rails you do not remove the pre-cut section.

The rears were a straight forward install. Exhaust side rear OEM bracket is replaced by the new Rock Blok bracket and not put back on.
lets see them !

Sponsored

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator Willys 3.0 Eco Diesel
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
They only say that because of the exhaust system, specifically aftermarket, but if you had an issue with the OEM exhaust, they are able to be trimed/cut.

from the website: This full set fits all 2020+ Jeep Gladiator trim levels, but rears may not work with the EcoDiesel Models due to the position of the exhaust

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
I put them on my 2021 Willys eco diesel about a month ago front and back.

Issues with front: Rokblokz said to order without notch for factory rock rails
that was very much incorrect. I ended up “custom” fitting them with my Dremel. Nice way of saying I managed to mangle them into position. I’ll live, but get them factory notched/scored if you have any rails or steps.

Issues with rears/OEM exhaust: None. Just remember to get the angled brace piece into place and you’re golden. I had to watch a you tube video from a third party as the vendor video didn’t even talk about them. Also, I believe paper directions are reversed on the right/left side as they are written for gas version of Gladiator. That or I was so pissed about the fronts that I missed it by the time I got to the rears. 😉
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? 3055A2A0-7B78-418E-BD45-39A79BEA81BE
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? F569889C-0352-42CD-95B4-2BA5A27E2173
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? 7B5E7BD1-C5BC-4C6C-A99C-697A8EBE4E38
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? E66D834A-9AD1-48E2-B237-C28C3D41116B
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? 5AD3C63C-9DA1-4BF5-AD97-49B1269778C5
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? BA467EE3-36CA-48E9-BE82-7976883DFE5C
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? 041669A4-37C9-4AF0-A9A2-0DFE4E17B4E6
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? BF30B374-0369-449E-8FD6-896AC2FE2D06
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? 1480E412-0F27-4DAD-9092-B0C002E035E0
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have Rok Blokz on a Gladiator diesel ? EF2E8782-943D-4D02-A5BB-ADCB4478AD1B

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Rokblokz said to order without notch for factory rock rails

The willys has Rubicon Rock Rails, they didn't not tell you to order without the cutout
From RokBlokz website:
The FRONT FLAPS work with the OEM fenders ONLY. They will not mount on aftermarket fenders or split OEM fenders. They are designed with the shape of the OEM Rubicon Rock Rails partially cut out, simply cut the tabs and remove the shape allowing the Rubicon Rock Rails to pass through the front flap.

Many other rock rails/side steps do not come as far forward as the OEM Rubicon sliders do and will not interfere with our mud flaps. See pics for more details. If you have the MOPAR PERFORMANCE RAILS you will either need to extend the pre-designed hole or cut your own hole as those are not the same as the stock rubicon rails.

You may also request the front flaps without the partial hole cut out if you either don't have the OEM Rubicon Rock Sliders and/or need to modify the flaps yourself for other rock sliders/side steps. Just make sure to leave a NOTE when ordering saying "NO PARTIALLY CUT HOLE PLEASE".

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
15B940D2-35D5-4E61-9817-4B9B1314379F.png
The willys has Rubicon Rock Rails, they didn't not tell you to order without the cutout
From RokBlokz website:
The FRONT FLAPS work with the OEM fenders ONLY. They will not mount on aftermarket fenders or split OEM fenders. They are designed with the shape of the OEM Rubicon Rock Rails partially cut out, simply cut the tabs and remove the shape allowing the Rubicon Rock Rails to pass through the front flap.

Many other rock rails/side steps do not come as far forward as the OEM Rubicon sliders do and will not interfere with our mud flaps. See pics for more details. If you have the MOPAR PERFORMANCE RAILS you will either need to extend the pre-designed hole or cut your own hole as those are not the same as the stock rubicon rails.

You may also request the front flaps without the partial hole cut out if you either don't have the OEM Rubicon Rock Sliders and/or need to modify the flaps yourself for other rock sliders/side steps. Just make sure to leave a NOTE when ordering saying "NO PARTIALLY CUT HOLE PLEASE".
My bad. Apparently I couldn’t read the email directly back from the vendor. Would you like the order email with comments section verifying I didn’t need cut outs and the exhaust wouldn’t be an issue like the original poster also noticed?

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My bad. Apparently I couldn’t read the email directly back from the vendor. Would you like the order email with comments section verifying I didn’t need cut outs and the exhaust wouldn’t be an issue like the original poster also noticed?
If the email from your vendor states you don't have Rubicon Rock Rails when you know you do, maybe it's time to exercise some personal discretion. Short of that, I'd take that email, shove it back in their faces, and ask for the right flaps.

Personally, they fucked my order up 7 ways from Sunday. They sent me non-cut flaps with bronco brackets and hardware (order very clearly states gladiator, even their packing slip said gladiator). But when I contacted them about their mistake they fixed it very quickly.
Sponsored