Sponsored

Anyone have the Supertop 2 from Bestop installed on their rig?

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I finally cancelled last week. I can't wait any longer. I measured some camping gear and can actually Tetris it in under a tonneau cover, so I just went with a Tyger one from Amazon. This gives me a $1,000 budget for other things, which includes ceramic tint this Friday and Rokblokz flaps.

Btw, Northridge was GREAT to deal with over the entire wait. Very responsive, very sympathetic, and very accommodating. There's a reason I've been shopping them since 2013.
Sponsored

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xj and Gladiator sports Max tow on order
Occupation
Retired
I finally cancelled last week. I can't wait any longer. I measured some camping gear and can actually Tetris it in under a tonneau cover, so I just went with a Tyger one from Amazon. This gives me a $1,000 budget for other things, which includes ceramic tint this Friday and Rokblokz flaps.

Btw, Northridge was GREAT to deal with over the entire wait. Very responsive, very sympathetic, and very accommodating. There's a reason I've been shopping them since 2013.
Thanks for the update. I switched from the twill to the black diamond because Northridge had it in stock. After what Bestop put you through I am glad I switched.

BigKillaTDogg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Blue
Occupation
Sales
My non-twill supertop should be coming in any day now, but Iā€™m pretty nervous seeing all the loose fitting tops on here. That agri-cover topper looks pretty interesting.
I only went with the Bestop over the softopper for that removable tailgate crossbar. If this one fits closer to the cab and has a compris le crossmember, Iā€™m sold.
I have owned my bestop supertop for truck 2, in black diamond fabric, for a year now and it doesn't stay closed up. In the first, about 6 months, it was good no issues through the winter here in Salt Lake City. Once the summer came the heat made the material more flexible and it started coming undone. The material itself is durable but where the ā€lipā€ tucks into the rail falls out on the freeway often. If I go off-road the vibration makes all the panels loose and come undone. The ā€lipsā€ that tuck into the rails on 3 sides all come out. I think it's due to the heat making the material looser and the vibration of off-roading. I don't know if this happens to the Twill fabric my guess is probably not as bad. Mine is the black diamond fabric which is also hard to clean the dust off of. I wish I would have gotten the Twill fabric but if it has the same issue then I would have wasted even more money so who knows.

And before some one asked ā€are the rails the right width apart? Did you measure?ā€ Yes everything is exactly where it is supposed to be. Maybe I will set my rails wider but that will screw up the tonneau cover that uses the same rails. That actually has the opposite problem and the corners stick up on the sides. I don't want to mess with the rails every time I switch them out. That is the whole point of getting both. Lol

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I had the same problem with the back flap but not the sides. I fixed the back flap problem by installing a good old fashion snap in the middle of the back panel.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have the Supertop 2 from Bestop installed on their rig? 16657640332373977419713958898639

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned my bestop supertop for truck 2, in black diamond fabric, for a year now and it doesn't stay closed up. In the first, about 6 months, it was good no issues through the winter here in Salt Lake City. Once the summer came the heat made the material more flexible and it started coming undone. The material itself is durable but where the ā€lipā€ tucks into the rail falls out on the freeway often. If I go off-road the vibration makes all the panels loose and come undone. The ā€lipsā€ that tuck into the rails on 3 sides all come out. I think it's due to the heat making the material looser and the vibration of off-roading. I don't know if this happens to the Twill fabric my guess is probably not as bad. Mine is the black diamond fabric which is also hard to clean the dust off of. I wish I would have gotten the Twill fabric but if it has the same issue then I would have wasted even more money so who knows.

And before some one asked ā€are the rails the right width apart? Did you measure?ā€ Yes everything is exactly where it is supposed to be. Maybe I will set my rails wider but that will screw up the tonneau cover that uses the same rails. That actually has the opposite problem and the corners stick up on the sides. I don't want to mess with the rails every time I switch them out. That is the whole point of getting both. Lol
Interesting. I am not really seeing this on my Twill top. The only thing I did see a couple times was while out west going 80+ mph and a truck came by fast the opposite way, the lip came loose but I chalked that up to extreme buffeting ( the whole truck rocked and the sound was terrible). Also did it once in the touchless carwash under the blower. I wonder if Velcro would help?

BigKillaTDogg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Blue
Occupation
Sales
Interesting. I am not really seeing this on my Twill top. The only thing I did see a couple times was while out west going 80+ mph and a truck came by fast the opposite way, the lip came loose but I chalked that up to extreme buffeting ( the whole truck rocked and the sound was terrible). Also did it once in the touchless carwash under the blower. I wonder if Velcro would help?
I haven't heard of anyone complaining about it if they got the twill fabric. I think the black diamond fabric gets more pliable in the sun than the twill. That's probably why. Ugh! I wish I got the twill!!!!!

F&D

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I haven't heard of anyone complaining about it if they got the twill fabric. I think the black diamond fabric gets more pliable in the sun than the twill. That's probably why. Ugh! I wish I got the twill!!!!!
Did Bestop ever start making the super tops again in twill? I bought the black diamond because the twill was unavailable. Bestop wanted you to pay 100% to place an order on the twill that they had no idea when the would start manufacturing again. I have no complaints about the black diamond top, my issue is with Bestop's business practices.

TricornBlack

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator
I just ordered the Twill version from Northridge4x4. $100 of with President's Day discount- PRES100. Not sure what the shipping time is, though. Tried calling (noon on a Saturday) but I guess they are only Mon-Fri. I'll call Monday and find out about delivery date. If it is far off, might cancel and try another option.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Twill version from Northridge4x4. $100 of with President's Day discount- PRES100. Not sure what the shipping time is, though. Tried calling (noon on a Saturday) but I guess they are only Mon-Fri. I'll call Monday and find out about delivery date. If it is far off, might cancel and try another option.
I just had to order a replacement back window for my Twill Supertop. It cracked in 5 degree F temperatures ā˜¹. Bestop told me they werenā€™t producing twill and Iā€™d have to wait 6-8 weeks but I got it in 3 weeks. Not sure if thatā€™s an indication that they started up Twill production early or Iā€™m just lucky.
Also public service announcement (I knew this - been Jeepin 30 years šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø but I was just in a hurry)ā€¦ donā€™t try to flip open your plastic window when itā€™s 5 degrees out. It sounded like glass breaking.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have the Supertop 2 from Bestop installed on their rig? F6A8A441-7D06-4299-97B6-77DDD0B69AF3

Sponsored

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just had to order a replacement back window for my Twill Supertop. It cracked in 5 degree F temperatures ā˜¹. Bestop told me they werenā€™t producing twill and Iā€™d have to wait 6-8 weeks but I got it in 3 weeks. Not sure if thatā€™s an indication that they started up Twill production early or Iā€™m just lucky.
Also public service announcement (I knew this - been Jeepin 30 years šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø but I was just in a hurry)ā€¦ donā€™t try to flip open your plastic window when itā€™s 5 degrees out. It sounded like glass breaking.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have the Supertop 2 from Bestop installed on their rig? F6A8A441-7D06-4299-97B6-77DDD0B69AF3
Not sure if bestop offers a solid canvas rear panel. I have one on my Softopper for this very reason. Canā€™t see anything out if the back window in winter anyway.

Cheers

K2SOFrancisco

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Baker/ice cream maker
I'm between Toronto and Miami every year, so like 4-8 months ratio, so mine gets to experiment the -29 in January in Canada and 80-90 in Florida, I flip mine all the time and it has always flexed, no issues whatsoever, the only thing that happens a lot with mine is the rear corner sides gets open after driving a while on the highway but nothing major. I honestly would prefer to have a full fabric panel instead of the window, I usually have a bunch of stuff in the back and i can't see anything regardless.

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I'm between Toronto and Miami every year, so like 4-8 months ratio, so mine gets to experiment the -29 in January in Canada and 80-90 in Florida, I flip mine all the time and it has always flexed, no issues whatsoever, the only thing that happens a lot with mine is the rear corner sides gets open after driving a while on the highway but nothing major. I honestly would prefer to have a full fabric panel instead of the window, I usually have a bunch of stuff in the back and i can't see anything regardless.
One reason why I went with Softopperā€¦to run with the solid rear panel. Works / looks awesome.

Cheers
Sponsored