Sponsored

Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER?

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Easiest sell ever. Simply say the following:

"How would you like to never wait for an oil change again?"

My wife told me that I didn't buy it she was going to after that! She even bought the oil extractor.
OK, now that route that might actually gain me some traction. We just took her ATS-V in for service. It was time for basically a full fluid change, plus some other routine maintenance. $1,500.00 later, she's back on the road. I could easily have cut that in half (or better) with what I could do with the tools I have, if I had a lift. I have a 10 FT ceiling in my garage, so that would give me decent clearance to get under my truck, but I could easily access her Cadillac. Better get my presentation ready to present. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Cool garages, I don’t really think those type of lifts are as useful as a two post as you cannot rotate tires or do brakes, two pretty common things I do.
My lift has two hydraulic jacks built into it on rollers. I can roll them forward or back and lift the entire vehicle off the lift for tire rotations and brake jobs. One of the greatest things about the four post lifts is they don’t have to be bolted down, in fact mine came with “casters” that I can pin on, lower the lift all the way and move it anywhere in the garage I want it. IMO the four post lifts are way more functional, and way safer than the two post lifts.

OP
OP
devnull

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Islander, 21 JT Rubicon, 19 Grand Sport
Occupation
scientific negotiator
My lift has two hydraulic jacks built into it on rollers. I can roll them forward or back and lift the entire vehicle off the lift for tire rotations and brake jobs. One of the greatest things about the four post lifts is they don’t have to be bolted down, in fact mine came with “casters” that I can pin on, lower the lift all the way and move it anywhere in the garage I want it. IMO the four post lifts are way more functional, and way safer than the two post lifts.
Exactly. Well put! For my home use the 2 poster with the jacks has been the best of both worlds, and I do move it around quite a bit because I constantly change the garage layout.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? IMG_3829.JPG

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Exactly. Well put! For my home use the 2 poster with the jacks has been the best of both worlds, and I do move it around quite a bit because I constantly change the garage layout.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? IMG_3829.JPG
I had no idea there were "portable" lifts like this. I just assumed they all had to be anchored. That's awesome.

Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Kinda off in the distance but I stack under my two post. Two post also easier to work on stuff. Now that is a Miata under my Chevelle but I’ve used it with my blazer and a vette also.

726E0ED1-7C2C-4DB2-971E-01F1486E09C1.jpeg

OP
OP
devnull

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Islander, 21 JT Rubicon, 19 Grand Sport
Occupation
scientific negotiator
Remembered to grab a photo of the Jeep under our lift. Has plenty of clearance should I decide to get a lift/bigger tires on it down the road. Photobombed by our pup.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone here with a 4 post lift that they fit UNDER? 20190327_165721
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking to see. THANKS!

Ordering one, and will put the other lift in the smaller garage. Will look great with a golf cart on top! haha

Sponsored

ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking to see. THANKS!

Ordering one, and will put the other lift in the smaller garage. Will look great with a golf cart on top! haha
Was out in the garage a little bit ago and realized the lift isn’t as high as it goes. There is another position higher that the locks will lock into so there would be even more clearance than what the picture shows, would guess another 6” higher.

Wildfire is a family owned business and seemed like very nice people. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
I have an assym 10k two post and it is awesome but wish I had room for a 4 post. I have kicked around putting one in the yard but yeah I don't think thats going to fly lol. I don't like putting my dually on the two post. I guess I have to get used to it but putting full sized stuff to the moon sketches me out. And for most stuff i could do on a 4 post and if I had to do brakes or whatever I could use the two post and not lift it high.
Sponsored