Sponsored

Anyone know anything about the status of Traction Jack?

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I ordered a set of recovery boards from them early June. Since then, nothing. No shipment, no emails, no response to emails or phone calls. Now I get a recording saying "Number no longer in service".

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the company. Belly up?
Sponsored

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue, 1999 LR Disco I
Occupation
IT
I ordered a set of recovery boards from them early June. Since then, nothing. No shipment, no emails, no response to emails or phone calls. Now I get a recording saying "Number no longer in service".

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the company. Belly up?
Just saw this. Did you ever get your order?

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
No. I wondered why no one responded. Maybe no one but me likes Traction Jacks (the concept, at least).

Traction Jack never responded to any emails, or phone messages. I opened up a dispute with PayPal, and their wheels are turning slowly. They say I will get an aswer by the end of August.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Interesting, posts. I went to the Traction Jacks website. Looks reputable. I had no idea what we were talking about, but then I recognized the type of product. Went to Amazon, no traction Jacks listed but tons of similar boards to get unstuck. Can’t imagine why they couldn’t ship an item like that.

Can’t imagine running a website that nice with no business associated with it.

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Interesting, posts. I went to the Traction Jacks website. Looks reputable. I had no idea what we were talking about, but then I recognized the type of product. Went to Amazon, no traction Jacks listed but tons of similar boards to get unstuck. Can’t imagine why they couldn’t ship an item like that.

Can’t imagine running a website that nice with no business associated with it.
I liked the Traction Jacks because 1) they fold to reduce storage space in Jeep, and 2) when folded, they double as a jack platform in soft material.

I know they are real, because they have been tested on several blogs. I just don't know what happened to the company.

Sponsored

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I liked the Traction Jacks because 1) they fold to reduce storage space in Jeep, and 2) when folded, they double as a jack platform in soft material.

I know they are real, because they have been tested on several blogs. I just don't know what happened to the company.
If you can DM me the details of your order (order info) I may be able to help. Let's say I have a direct line to the owner

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Finally got the order yesterday. Really worth the (long) wait!

I plan to do an in-depth review later.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the order yesterday. Really worth the (long) wait!

I plan to do an in-depth review later.
Any explanation available about what happened? I would be very hesitant to order if I thought I would have to suffer through a similar ordeal to get them.

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Any explanation available about what happened? I would be very hesitant to order if I thought I would have to suffer through a similar ordeal to get them.
The explanation given was Covid-19 impact. The company owner was apologetic and seemed anxious to get back up to speed. I would make contact with the company to inquire about current availability befor ordering.

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
[Full disclosure up front: My son is the inventor and owner of Traction Jack]
Traction Jack is a one-person operation. In normal times he was on top of things. COVID had an impact as he tried to keep things going in his two businesses. That's why, when I saw @DreamedofaJeepSomeday's message I asked for details. My son didn't know he had missed that order. I'm glad he was able to get his order squared away. He's pretty much back up to speed but I agree, reach out and let him know you are interested.

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
[Full disclosure up front: My son is the inventor and owner of Traction Jack]
Traction Jack is a one-person operation. In normal times he was on top of things. COVID had an impact as he tried to keep things going in his two businesses. That's why, when I saw @DreamedofaJeepSomeday's message I asked for details. My son didn't know he had missed that order. I'm glad he was able to get his order squared away. He's pretty much back up to speed but I agree, reach out and let him know you are interested.
Yes, thank you for helping out in this situation! I really appreciate it.

As I said earlier, it was worth the wait. I will post a review in a few days.
Sponsored