Sponsored

Anyone removed the auto dimming rearview mirror?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I'm a bit more confused about how it was in the way but the roof wasn't..

Unrelated but I miss my CJ's super easy to fold windshield and the mirror that then snuggled down flat and out of the way OR... if you wanted some giggle could stand up and still be a rear view mirror.

I fail to comprehend why they gave the new models an "easier to fold" windshield but then made the rear view this impossibly involved apparatus etc.

And further unrelated whining, once the roll hoop connected to the A pillar and the A pillar became fixed, the whole reason for a folding windshield for nearly all people became moot, you gain no vertical clearance, it's still a strike hazard in lateral rolling and you are saddled with so much secondary task to fold it that it's a do it once party trick. I have never ever not once ever folded the glass on the JK and almost never had it up on the CJ. To include it as a selling point now feels like empty hallow pandering for an idealized past dragged forward into an unrealized future.

I'll go back my corner now and grouse.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit more confused about how it was in the way but the roof wasn't..

Unrelated but I miss my CJ's super easy to fold windshield and the mirror that then snuggled down flat and out of the way OR... if you wanted some giggle could stand up and still be a rear view mirror.

I fail to comprehend why they gave the new models an "easier to fold" windshield but then made the rear view this impossibly involved apparatus etc.

And further unrelated whining, once the roll hoop connected to the A pillar and the A pillar became fixed, the whole reason for a folding windshield for nearly all people became moot, you gain no vertical clearance, it's still a strike hazard in lateral rolling and you are saddled with so much secondary task to fold it that it's a do it once party trick. I have never ever not once ever folded the glass on the JK and almost never had it up on the CJ. To include it as a selling point now feels like empty hallow pandering for an idealized past dragged forward into an unrealized future.

I'll go back my corner now and grouse.
I never folded down the windshield on my JKU, but have several times with the JT. First time just to try it. then a couple of times after while driving on the beach. It was actually pretty neat, but definitely not a functional necessity by an means.

Jp32018

First Name
Jw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I’ve by complete accident figured out how to remove the mirror it’s self. But I’m unsure if the power cable comes out of the mirror or is just a pigtail that runs into the headliner somewhere. Any insight?

Planning on doing away with it altogether or buying one of the simpler mirrors that can be flipped.
… but how do you get it back on?

gbrown

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Chief
… but how do you get it back on?
Did you ever get a good answer - I have a gladiator with a bed cap and the mirror is now not of use and I would like to remove it for more visability? Thanks

Jp32018

First Name
Jw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Did you ever get a good answer - I have a gladiator with a bed cap and the mirror is now not of use and I would like to remove it for more visability? Thanks
Yes, I got it back on. To take it off, just grab ahold of it and give it a twist. It’ll disconnect from its mount and then unhook the connectors and it’s gone.
Sponsored