Sponsored

Anyone removed the exhaust resonator yet?

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I'm guessing the resonator has more to do with eliminating drone noise at certain RPMs than reducing the exhaust noise level. Does anyone know for sure? I removed the resonator from a Ram and didn't notice any difference at all (idling in the driveway), so I put it back on.

I'd like to hear the motor more, not just for a better exhaust sound but so I can hear the RPMs which would be helpful in knowing when to shift. Maybe a cold air intake is the answer. Never tried one.
Sponsored

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I cut out the muffler on mine and just replaced that area with 2.5" pipe. It has a nice growl when I get on the accelerator and just a little bit of drone at highway speed but nothing too awful.

Tall Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Super Trucker...
Hey man in the video you said the check engine light could come on from cutting the exhaust. Have you had any problems with that since you did it? I want to do the same but I’m worried about constantly having to deal with a sensor throwing a code ore something.
I have installed numerous cat back systems on various vehicles, never on a Jeep though, have not seen any code issues.
As long as you don't mess with cats or remove any sensors, which are usually before the cats, I'm thinking there won't be an issue.

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm thinking about doing an exhaust cutouts and can then do mild to wild like on my 05 Vette.
My jeep likes my money
Jeep Gladiator Anyone removed the exhaust resonator yet? 20181119_150700
Jeep Gladiator Anyone removed the exhaust resonator yet? 20170904_095616_001

Sponsored

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
Highly recommend the AFE Rockbasher for anyone looking to gain sound and clearance. 4k miles since I added mine, zero codes or issues, sounds better than I thought a V-6 could. Easy install in your driveway.

NewtoJeep88

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 H-D Road Glide Special
So today I got home from work and did exactly what street speed 717 did in the video. I cut out my exhaust, starting just in front of the first resonator/muffler, as close to the resonator/muffler as I could, cut the back resonator/down tip off, removed everything and then used a 2 1/2” coupling to attach the down tip to the pipe just after the cats. I was having trouble getting the coupling on the exhaust pipe itself (the down tip fit well) so I ran it to a local guy down the street and he welded the other side of the coupling to the pipe. To be honest I’ve seen better weld jobs but for 60$ they added a “custom” hanger and in their defense they were trying to fill in and fix some of the “mistakes” I had made cutting off the old exhaust. Overall I am very happy and it made a Huge difference in the sound. I love it, it’s not tooo loud or obnoxious, very comfortable at higher speeds but when you take off it’s noticeable!! I truly believe it’s a much better option then any of the 600-1300$ aftermarket exhausts I was considering. Thanks to everyone for getting this post going, it was the final research I did before making my decision.

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Hey man in the video you said the check engine light could come on from cutting the exhaust. Have you had any problems with that since you did it? I want to do the same but I’m worried about constantly having to deal with a sensor throwing a code ore something.
I don’t believe StreetSpeed 717 ever threw a code

AGUILA125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR RUBICON / 2019 Jeep Wrangler UNLIMITED RUBICON
Occupation
MEDICAL FIELD / RADIOLOGY
Vehicle Showcase
I chose to cut the very first muffler from the front and left the rest alone. It gave me a good growl. Very satisfied with it.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone removed the exhaust resonator yet? IMG_4524

Jeep Gladiator Anyone removed the exhaust resonator yet? 2ZrXCQnETWq6wOj4TWWhlA

Jeep Gladiator Anyone removed the exhaust resonator yet? 5I0VCZEMS96ILH3vwV88yw

Sponsored

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Was wondering did you ever get to doing it? Was gonna do the same
I ordered a Dynomax Quiet Crawler but they are saying 6 weeks. Other option is Magnaflow crawler which I heard a couple days ago, not bad. Pocketbook says why not try a resonator delete first? Its just a sound mod for me personally and if I can get a bit of sound for $25 worth of parts, why not? Undecided.
Sponsored