Sponsored

Anyone Running 37’s on a Max Tow???

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
20200518_152534.jpg

Max Tow, 37" Milestar on 17"×9.5" Black Rhino With 1.5" Teraflex front spacer.
There you go...this and ironrock 2" spacer lift (to maintain the factory rake for towing) and I'm good to go. Maybe stock rims for a while before buying a wider rims...I'll post mine soon...thanks for the ideas...keep it coming...;)
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Let me get this straight... I can slap 37x12.5 on my sport s max tow rims without lift, so long as I dont go off road or do tight turns? Would this be OK until I slap on the 3.5 lift, or should I put lift on first then tires? Might only be for a week or 2 and I only drive on weekends.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Let me get this straight... I can slap 37x12.5 on my sport s max tow rims without lift, so long as I dont go off road or do tight turns? Would this be OK until I slap on the 3.5 lift, or should I put lift on first then tires? Might only be for a week or 2 and I only drive on weekends.
I would think you would need some type of spacer in the front to prevent rubbing. If you’re only driving on the weekends you might as well just hold off and do the install all together. No reason to have to go to the shop twice.

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yes I agree with more wear and tear and that is expected... just curious what members have done or how their gladiator felt after adding 37’s
I did 37’s, 4.88 gears, added AFE intake and exhaust and I tow an airstream plus couple of hundred pounds of gear. I’ve towed before and after gears and AFE upgrades. I would say at best you loose 10% and after the upgrades I can’t tell a difference. I run premium when towing just to get some extra octane and prevent the need for the PCM to have to adjust timing. Shifting and freeways speeds are solid. Calibrated and I’m getting around 13.5 mph towing

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think you would need some type of spacer in the front to prevent rubbing. If you’re only driving on the weekends you might as well just hold off and do the install all together. No reason to have to go to the shop twice.
Hate being patient, but I guess I don't want to mess up the new tires before I get to use them

Sponsored

Like_coffee

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This is what I did. Tires definitely look stuffed. Full size spare fits for me too. YMMV based on your tire selection. I have Maxxis Razr MTs. Tires and wheels have been on since February with a stubby steel bumper and winch as well. I can full turn.. no rub. I can go over bumps.. no rub. I just can't do both those things at the same time. 3.5" Metalcloak Game changer is being delivered 6/25 but my weekends are booked so I won't get it installed for another few weeks.

Deleted member 30519

Kinda off topic but when I put my 35" duratracs and Moto metals on my 2018 JL sport I noticed an immediate sluggish difference but swapping the same wheels on my sport JT with 3.73 gears it had felt like it made no difference whatsoever in the way it drove. I don't know if it has something to do with this being a manual transmission but maybe this would sway someone with the tow package to run 37's.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After some reading I bit the bullet, and can confirm 37x12.5 Pats on OE rim, no lift or spacers. No rubbing. Winglets temporarily removed (lift going on now). About 1" clearance from bumper skid. Would not recommend going offroad unless lifted. Only slightly pokes. Loving the look.
20200627_155726.jpg
20200627_155748.jpg
20200627_165104.jpg
Resized_20200627_201543.jpeg

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Kinda off topic but when I put my 35" duratracs and Moto metals on my 2018 JL sport I noticed an immediate sluggish difference but swapping the same wheels on my sport JT with 3.73 gears it had felt like it made no difference whatsoever in the way it drove. I don't know if it has something to do with this being a manual transmission but maybe this would sway someone with the tow package to run 37's.
You are running 35” on your manual sport?

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

Any pics?? How bad did it change the pep? Do you feel like it dogged it down at all and do you tow?
I didn't notice a difference in power. No towing as of now. I'm busy now but I'll send a pic later .