Sponsored

Anyone traded a JT for a JT?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
When did you do it? Seems like lately people are getting good for trades.
Why did you do it?
Were you happy with your choice?
Sponsored

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I did; 2020 JT for 2021 JTR. I wanted a little more towing capacity and I wanted the other gadgets that come with the JTR. I'm very happy with the trade.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I did; 2020 JT for 2021 JTR. I wanted a little more towing capacity and I wanted the other gadgets that come with the JTR. I'm very happy with the trade.
Did your deal work out pretty fair? or did you take a hit trading in such a new vehicle on another new one?

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I came out about even. I knew I wasn't going to come out ahead, but I didn't get screwed.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I traded my 2020 Sport S with 13k in for my 2021 Willys. I got a little less on the trade than what I owed, after fighting with them. I didn't get a good deal on my Sport S at all, since I purchased it out of necessity for the truck bed at the time.

Ended up reducing my interest rate by nearly half as well, which was worth it IMO.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I turned in my 18 JL lease a year early for a 2020 JT. No regrets

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I traded my 2020 JT Overland in for a 2021 JT Mojave a few weeks ago. I got a really good deal when I first bought the Overland from a high volume Jeep dealer in Northern Virginia. The Mojave wasn't available when I bought the Overland (or I would probably have bought the Mojave then). We liked the Overland a lot and drove it multiple times on the beaches at the Outer Banks of NC. But the Mojave offered additional options (suspension and rear locker) for the type of off-road driving I do so I finally bit the bullet and made the trade. I got about the same $$ for the Overland that I paid for it (it had 10.7K miles on it) and got the Mojave at 6% below dealer invoice. The Mojave is the same color my Overland was and has all the same options - plus a couple of more... Overall I was very pleased with the deal.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I traded my 2020 JT Overland in for a 2021 JT Mojave a few weeks ago. I got a really good deal when I first bought the Overland from a high volume Jeep dealer in Northern Virginia. The Mojave wasn't available when I bought the Overland (or I would probably have bought the Mojave then). We liked the Overland a lot and drove it multiple times on the beaches at the Outer Banks of NC. But the Mojave offered additional options (suspension and rear locker) for the type of off-road driving I do so I finally bit the bullet and made the trade. I got about the same $$ for the Overland that I paid for it (it had 10.7K miles on it) and got the Mojave at 6% below dealer invoice. The Mojave is the same color my Overland was and has all the same options - plus a couple of more... Overall I was very pleased with the deal.
I’d do the same thing in a heartbeat if it were remotely possible in CA 😂

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
Traded my sport S for a Mojave.

Was initially going to trade for a JTRD but ended up backing out out of the Diesel engine and ended up with a Mojave.

l got 1k less than what I paid and got the Mojave for 6% under invoice.

so for me overall a good deal.
Sponsored