Anyone using an ARB Zero Fridge?

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Are these fridges worth the premium? I have the option of getting a good deal on an ARB Zero 101qt for a good deal but is it worth the price or am I just paying for the name vs a 4 to 500 fridge?
Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Are these fridges worth the premium? I have the option of getting a good deal on an ARB Zero 101qt for a good deal but is it worth the price or am I just paying for the name vs a 4 to 500 fridge?
ARB makes great fridges. The new dual zone is so nice to have a dedicated freezer. I've had both the traditional ARB 47qt and ARB Elements 63qt with zero issues.

The ARB Zero's price point seems to be right in line with similar size/spec National Luna and Truma fridges. Just depends if you need "that much" room.

Agyoung35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’ve heard a few times that they’re made by dometic and are basically the same model but if you’re getting a good deal on one they’re supposed great. They’re definitely worth it over the $400 ones

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve heard a few times that they’re made by dometic and are basically the same model but if you’re getting a good deal on one they’re supposed great. They’re definitely worth it over the $400 ones
I can buy the 101qt one for 1000 new. Should i jump on it?

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
100qts is a huge fridge. That will impact your ability to keep it running on battery versus a smaller size.

for $1k new though your getting a deal. I would have recommended an iceco in a smaller size, but their dual zone 75 is the same price your paying for an arb…

Sponsored

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100qts is a huge fridge. That will impact your ability to keep it running on battery versus a smaller size.

for $1k new though your getting a deal. I would have recommended an iceco in a smaller size, but their dual zone 75 is the same price your paying for an arb…
Setting up a 200ah solar battery system so im not too concerned about power. That should be plenty since a fridge doesnt run nonstop. These mods are getting out of hand, i have a softopper, renogy dc to dc charger, sok 200ah battery, solar panels coming and i just installed an arb twin compressoer and 270 ovs nomadic awning with walls.

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Setting up a 200ah solar battery system so im not too concerned about power. That should be plenty since a fridge doesnt run nonstop. These mods are getting out of hand, i have a softopper, renogy dc to dc charger, sok 200ah battery, solar panels coming and i just installed an arb twin compressoer and 270 ovs nomadic awning with walls.
So you have the power to support it, are you willing to give up that much bed space? Do you feed a family of 4 for a whole week? Can you even get a slide tray for it?

It’s a great price of kit, and as long as it fits your needs, jump on it. I’m just rattling off questions I would ask myself!

OP
OP

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have the power to support it, are you willing to give up that much bed space? Do you feed a family of 4 for a whole week? Can you even get a slide tray for it?

It’s a great price of kit, and as long as it fits your needs, jump on it. I’m just rattling off questions I would ask myself!
So the size i dont mind, I eat really healthy because I found out I was almost pre diabetic before the pandemic started. I was shocked because I've worked out all my life and was not fat. So I cook every meal now, so more space the better. Anyone reading this, please get your blood sugar checked because you could be pre diabetic and not even know it. I never knew how bad resturaunt or fastfood was bad for you. Even so called healthy options, get your blood sugar checked because it really is a silent killer.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Not the ZEROs, but the previous classic models were. The current ZEROs are made by a different company to ARB's specs to handle off-road abuse.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I have a Zero, 47QT. I love it. Wish it had the lid option to open two ways (front and side). Fridge is fantastic, but deff larger than other companies' 47qts.

The one thing I actually hate on it is the 12v plug is in the front of the fridge, not the rear.
Sponsored