Sponsored

Anyone want to win a free Gladiator?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The MSRP just gets added to your income so depending on how much you make and where you live will give you an idea of the costs.
Usually anywhere from 25-35%
So that's how it works, if you win a car, they just add the MSRP to your income? I guess i'd take a "FREE" Gladiator for $15,000.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
So that's how it works, if you win a car, they just add the MSRP to your income? I guess i'd take a "FREE" Gladiator for $15,000.
Yes and no. You receive it for free but then the government rapes your wallet.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So i'm confused, this says i'm entered into one ot the FIRST rubicons to be built, but the contest goes through November 11th?

So are they going to hold onto this truck from July to November?
Are they lying and its just some model
Or are we getting told Jeeps will be ready by July, but its really November?

upload_2019-3-9_23-5-52.png
"One of the first" is also very subjective. If you get tone from the first model year... it's one of the first. If they only make it for one year, one of the "only." If it lasts 50 years... definitely an early model.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

My wife is a HGTV junkie. Every year they raffle off a beautiful home in some semi exotic location. The value (What the taxes are based on) are usually in the 2 to 2.5 Million Dollar range. I asked her one day where she was going to come up with the $600k for the taxes...she didn’t speak to me for several hours......

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
My wife is a HGTV junkie. Every year they raffle off a beautiful home in some semi exotic location. The value (What the taxes are based on) are usually in the 2 to 2.5 Million Dollar range. I asked her one day where she was going to come up with the $600k for the taxes...she didn’t speak to me for several hours......
That is an easy question to answer, from the sale proceeds of the new home that just won.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The last HGTV raffle I entered also came with like 100k cash for taxes and a car, don't know if the current ones still do that.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm assuming some bank would lend you the $600k for a first lien on the property, then you fire sell it for 1.6 million? Make $1 Million?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last HGTV raffle I entered also came with like 100k cash for taxes and a car, don't know if the current ones still do that.
But then you also have to pay for taxes on the car, lol.

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm assuming some bank would lend you the $600k for a first lien on the property, then you fire sell it for 1.6 million? Make $1 Million?
You wouldn't need to take the loan because you don't need to pay taxes untill 1st quarter of the next year along with the rest of your income taxes.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wouldn't need to take the loan because you don't need to pay taxes untill 1st quarter of the next year along with the rest of your income taxes.
they don't want you to pay estimated quarterlies for somthing like that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
they don't want you to pay estimated quarterlies for somthing like that?
I just figured out it is best to file Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request, to set up installment payments with the IRS.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just figured out it is best to file Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request, to set up installment payments with the IRS.
fair enough. Now when i win a million dollar house, i'll know what form to file. lol

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just letting you guys know that now you can enter again because Dave Smith let's you enter once each month and it is now April.
No updates yet on the Gladiator that they are giving away but they have a new cover photo for it.
download (1).png
Sponsored