Sponsored

Apple CarPlay issue fixed with most recent iOS 15.2.1?

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Glad I wasent the only one with this issue. I use an original Apple cable and always had issues with only the center console. Hope this helps
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It hasn't fixed mine. I have had twice since the update where I plugged in my phone to the USB C port and Carplay would not engage. I had to shut down my truck and then restart it for car play to start functioning again.

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I downloaded the update but haven’t had to drive anywhere to test the update. I was experiencing the issue with the front usb-c port, oem apple lighting cable, iphone 11 pro on ios 15.2. I saw that little tidbit in the change logs and updated immediately. So we’ll see soon if that fixes my issues.

My issues were that it sometimes wouldnt recognize the cable was plugged into the phone, gave me a message about how the cable was not supported, or it would recognize the phone plugged in but wouldnt respond in any of the car play apps so i’d have to initiate stuff from my phone to get it to work. No damage to the cable or phone.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I downloaded the update but haven’t had to drive anywhere to test the update. I was experiencing the issue with the front usb-c port, oem apple lighting cable, iphone 11 pro on ios 15.2. I saw that little tidbit in the change logs and updated immediately. So we’ll see soon if that fixes my issues.

My issues were that it sometimes wouldnt recognize the cable was plugged into the phone, gave me a message about how the cable was not supported, or it would recognize the phone plugged in but wouldnt respond in any of the car play apps so i’d have to initiate stuff from my phone to get it to work. No damage to the cable or phone.
That is kind of me. I plug it in and the phone contacts in regard to charging, etc but Carplay does not become active and I get no icon or anything.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
anyone else think their carplay is not as loud as the bluetooth connection?

Sponsored

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Updated to iOS 15.2.1 few days back. Center console still disconnects once in a while, I’ll be on Bluetooth till this gets resolved.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Might help if we compare radio versions also.
Went in a few weeks ago and was upgrades from 22.6 to 39.6 per TSB 08-113-21 I

I upgraded phone and will try it over the next few days. 12 Pro

You can get your radio version by holding the UP and DOWN temp button and the FRONT DEFROST buttons at the same time for about 7secs. Then there is a row called "Software Application Version" and in the middle will show version. If needed I can get some example photos.

Last edited:

N3740J

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S, 1967 Cessna 150G
Occupation
Jet Jockey
Updated last night - this morning it was working great plugged into the center console. Until it didn’t. About :45 min into my drive it cut off. That’s definitely a record, it would usually start causing trouble after :5-:10 min. Still sucks.

OP
OP
Mando76

Mando76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Updated last night - this morning it was working great plugged into the center console. Until it didn’t. About :45 min into my drive it cut off. That’s definitely a record, it would usually start causing trouble after :5-:10 min. Still sucks.
Interesting, mine has had zero issues since the software update. Strange how we all have differing experiences.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
What model iPhone is everyone running and are you having issues? I haven’t checked my software version but it was built and delivered this month so I hope it’s up to date.

iPhone 13 Max Pro 15.2.1 still disconnecting

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mando76

Mando76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
What model iPhone is everyone running and are you having issues? I haven’t checked my software version but it was built and delivered this month so I hope it’s up to date.

iPhone 13 Max Pro 15.2.1 still disconnecting
13 Pro with 15.2.1

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
anyone else think their carplay is not as loud as the bluetooth connection?
I’ve found the exact opposite. Try playing something through the Bluetooth connection for a bit. Then plug the usb cable in. I was amazed at the a difference. Sounds so much better when plugged in.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Man I thought I was going crazy. I’m on 15.0.2 on a 13 pro max with multiple official apple cables. It seems under 25 degrees it will freeze and disconnect but even Bluetooth won’t connect so I router it to a phone issue. I’ve yet to upgrade iOS holding out for a jailbreak.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Try playing something through the Bluetooth connection for a bit. Then plug the usb cable in. I was amazed at the a difference. Sounds so much better when plugged in.
Welcome to the limitations of Bluetooth.
I use a wireless CarPlay adapter, which uses WiFi from the phone to the adapter, and it sounds as good as being plugged in directly.

Kevin
Sponsored