First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
That was my question, did you go from turkey creek over the mountain to mammoth, aka rug road?

Trivia, rug Rd got it's name from ranchers using old carpet to stabilize the road.
We did, but there’s a cutoff (Miller Rd) before going up carpet hill. We went that way.

Tortolita Pass was fun too.
Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Looks fun been on my short list for a while, might go hit carpet hill on the dirt bike to see what it is about before it gets hot.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
We came down the rug road in my stock gladiator no issues I’d rate it a 3+, coming up would be a little more difficult but doable

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
We came down the rug road in my stock gladiator no issues I’d rate it a 3+, coming up would be a little more difficult but doable
I didn’t want to chance it with the trailer. Maybe next time.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
Another bucket list trail checked off! We decided to take St Patrick’s Day off and take a three day trip to southeast AZ. Aravaipa Canyon is a tight slot canyon with a creek (Turkey Creek) running down the middle. It was really amazing, and after checking out some Indian ruins we found a great camp spot. After that the serious wheeling begins. We climbed out of the canyon and drove across an entire mountain range, with lots of rocks and some mud along the way. My new 35’s made a huge difference and this trail would not have been fun on 33’s. Even so, I still managed to get stuck in a deep mud hole on a tight uphill corner. My buddy hooked up a strap and I was free in no time. The second trail we did was called Tortolita Pass and has been on my list for a long time too. It was rocky and steep at times but really fun. The JT did great, as did the trailer, and we made it through with minor undercarriage scraping. Time to plan the next one! Here’s some pics.
Historic Klondyke
C1B0D033-D104-4BBA-8E45-6DFA40C2EC02.jpeg

Wild Coati
D520031C-7218-466B-B045-590C7147997F.jpeg

1F6AB438-3FFD-41B1-A1FC-F11D695B191D.jpeg
Beautiful! Adding this one to my list as well. Also thought that second pic was of two baby brachiosaurus lol.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Looks like great fun!!
Sponsored