Sponsored

Are Falken WildPeak MT 35 x 12.5 17 Worth Buying?

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
I ah e 2400 miles on a set so far and have no regrets. Run at 32 psi. IMO very good tire from previous experience and present experience. Also , a few of my jeep friends have them with no issues.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Wheels and Tires are on, local chain tire shops would not touch these.

They were all concerned about the tires being too big and/or messing up the rims with their machines.

So I got suckered in to paying a performance shop $250 to do the job. They were able to get them perfectly balanced though.

E9621799-7E7C-40C5-B971-9974CDA5900A.jpeg

F11A0164-D4FF-4363-A195-47575830F68F.jpeg

E1735EDC-A98F-413D-A20C-E77ADA7BB2F7.jpeg
Looks really sharp! How are you liking the ride so far with the bigger Falken MTs?

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Anyone have any real world differnces in feel of the AT's? I daily mine so I was thinking about those as maybe better for me.....also can't believe I missed the price...hopefully they go back down..ughh

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm at 1,100 miles on my Falken 35x12.5R17s and love the tires. Very quiet and gobs of off-pavement traction (almost too much traction in the sand...but to be fair I didn't air down).

With the air set at dealership 40PSI level, it's a bit bouncy. But I can't complain about the average of 17 mpg (includes driving on freeway above 65mph).

What's the consensus on air pressure...best combination of ride, handling, and mileage on these specific tires?

OP
OP
NJKen

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So far loving the ride on these tires. Quiet enough to be on the phone, granted they have just under 1k miles on them. The ride height gives it that lifted look without the lift and they hold the road nicely. I’m currently set at 38 psi but I’m going to do a chalk test this weekend to see where I should be at.

Sponsored

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm at 1,100 miles on my Falken 35x12.5R17s and love the tires. Very quiet and gobs of off-pavement traction (almost too much traction in the sand...but to be fair I didn't air down).

With the air set at dealership 40PSI level, it's a bit bouncy. But I can't complain about the average of 17 mpg (includes driving on freeway above 65mph).

What's the consensus on air pressure...best combination of ride, handling, and mileage on these specific tires?
Those of you using the Falken 35"x12.5R17s, what size wheel are you using? @2020-Scrambler, it sure looks in your pictures as though you're using the standard Rubicon wheels, even though their width is 7.5" and the approved rim widths for those tires is 8.5"-11". Isn't that a problem, especially when aired down off-road?

Basically, do I need to get new wheels at the same time I get these new tires, or can I wait and do it eventually (if ever)?

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Those of you using the Falken 35"x12.5R17s, what size wheel are you using? @2020-Scrambler, it sure looks in your pictures as though you're using the standard Rubicon wheels, even though their width is 7.5" and the approved rim widths for those tires is 8.5"-11". Isn't that a problem, especially when aired down off-road?

Basically, do I need to get new wheels at the same time I get these new tires, or can I wait and do it eventually (if ever)?
Same question here!

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase

You don't need to get wider wheels - you can run those tires on Factory width rims no issue (the Wheel / tire thread has examples) The recommendation is for tire performance - but you will adjust tire pressure based on the JT being lighter than the larger tires can support. Example - My TJ runs on 17x8 rims for 37x12.5x17 MT's gives you more shoulder to protect rim. ymmv

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Yes stock Base Rubicon wheels - love the look better than any other OEM wheel. In fact I picked up 2 matching wheels to swap my 35x12 spare and another for a future anticipated rear bumper + tire carrier. (will carry 2 spares for rocky mountain and remote desert use)

Tires are still performing great @ 4K miles now. Carry my own compressor now so I can air down when off-road next.

OP
OP
NJKen

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just an update, as I have turned 20k miles with the 35" Falken MT's.

These have been rotated as part of the Jeep Wave oil changes and they are wearing incredibly well! Believe it or not I still probably have more than half the tread life. I figured I would be buying new ones for winter but after looking today, these have plenty of life left for another snow season.

Sound, I can honestly say they are just starting to make slightly more noise but are quiet as hell compared to most.

Considering I paid less than $200 per tire, these were a great value!
Sponsored