Falken MT 285/70/17....

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
The Falken Mts have been put on and its Night and Day. Love driving my JT now.....The Ridge Grapplers were like riding on wheels made of stone. The MTs are quite and very smooth......my JT moves effortlessly now.
What load range were the grapplers? They are fantastic tires and some of the best on the market right now.

What PSI were you running? That was most likely your issue along with the load range. You're the first person in years that I have ever heard say they were shit riding tires.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a set of Falken AT3Ws for a couple thousand miles, 285/70/17 LR C they rode pretty well, very good in the rain, slightly louder than Toyo ATIIIs.
So the Toyos are smooth and quiet?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
So the Toyos are smooth and quiet?
Yes, very smooth and quiet, I had 285/75/17s LR C for about 14k miles, they are great tires, would have bought the 35x11.5x17s LR C but not in stock anywhere

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
What load range were the grapplers? They are fantastic tires and some of the best on the market right now.

What PSI were you running? That was most likely your issue along with the load range. You're the first person in years that I have ever heard say they were shit riding tires.
32 psi, E, They just don't seem to ride evenly....so they feel wobbly. Extremely stiff....I had ridges on on my JL.....hated them. Either way....im sticking with the 33 inch tires. If you go 33....don't lift because it makes them look little.....also choose aftermarket wheel that pushes 33 out past the fenders....makes for a mean look. Love the Falken MTs for now.
Sponsored