Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Most people want a rtt on these and not making a HD option seems insane to me considering this is for a Jeep Gladiator. Someone dropped the ball at ARE. Especially with their higher prices and not make it HD for heavier loads? Shame.
Shame? Get over yourself:computerrage:

I am sure ARE's team would benefit immensely from your vast nonage of there market. Although I Think everything is over priced $1,600 is not a bad price point from where I'm sitting. I'll be getting a cap at some point and like many people in the market have no need for a RTT.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Seems to me, anything anyone ever says here is Opinion unless otherwise noted* . . . or rather that's how it "should be," in MY opinion, ha. Now with regard to ANY truck with a 5-foot bed . . . comfortable sleeping options, other than ground tents, are limited, at this time . Well, unless your a family of "little people," otherwise a complete Canopy-Camper, such as
Alu-Cab's or Go Fast Campers would be perhaps a wiser choice ? Or a full size truck & bed & cap or . . . ? ;)

*ps; I'm not taking into account RTT's, which there are MANY to choose from IF your Cap of choice can handle the static and moving weight #'s .

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Seems to me, anything anyone ever says here is Opinion unless otherwise noted* . . . or rather that's how it "should be," in MY opinion, ha. Now with regard to ANY truck with a 5-foot bed . . . comfortable sleeping options, other than ground tents, are limited, at this time . Well, unless your a family of "little people," otherwise a complete Canopy-Camper, such as
Alu-Cab's or Go Fast Campers would be perhaps a wiser choice ? Or a full size truck & bed & cap or . . . ? ;)

*ps; I'm not taking into account RTT's, which there are MANY to choose from IF your Cap of choice can handle the static and moving weight #'s .
I would have to agree with everything here. At some point I will be sleeping in my 5-foot bed. I'll be comfortable again once I get back to home base. I'm only about 5'8":fingerscrossed:

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

I am sure ARE's team would benefit immensely from your vast nonage of there market. Although I Think everything is over priced $1,600 is not a bad price point from where I'm sitting. I'll be getting a cap at some point and like many people in the market have no need for a RTT.
THEIR market is us. Regardless, here is my quote, maybe cheaper in other areas. Plus at these prices you would think it would be the heavy Duty model that can withstand a rtt and two adults. I did ask about the OTR option and that is a bit much.

Hello Leon Ortega,

My name is Javier Garcia from Shell Land and I received your inquiry regarding A.R.E. Thanks for your interest in our premier line of caps and tonneau covers!

CX Classic: $1679.00
OTR Option: $455.00
Front Sliding window: $69.00
D/S Aluminum Paneled Windoor w/folding T: $362.00
P/S Aluminum Paneled Windoor w/folding T: $362.00
Yakima Skyline w/Core Bar: $432.00

Subtotal: $3359.00
Total: $3,678.11

Optional: 4 clamps $40.00

velogeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
Most people want a rtt on these and not making a HD option seems insane to me considering this is for a Jeep Gladiator. Someone dropped the ball at ARE. Especially with their higher prices and not make it HD for heavier loads? Shame.

To Baja's point, I see two issues with no HD cap (1)The CX HD and standard CX are the same cap mold with a little rework to add the frame so it's not like reinventing the wheel, and (2) ARE will tell you a capacity then void any sense of warranty when you actually do it. If you could legitimately toss 500lbs up there and go wheeling without cracking then there's no issue but that's not the case - several people on TacomaWorld have had to pay for repairs after ARE rejected claims for abuse.

To Troybilt's point though, the CX HD is into Alu-Cab and RLD territory on price anyway and you're still getting a fiberglass cap. It's a pretty small section of the market that actually wants a functional, load-bearing cap and is that worried about appearance that they'll drop the coin on an otherwise inferior product. Like almost everything else on a jeep, the clean form vs rugged function camps are pretty clearly defined on opposing ends of the market and I don't see why this is any different.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
If anyone thinks 500lbs on the highway is the same as 500lbs bouncing on the trail, they're kidding themselves.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
THEIR market is us. Regardless, here is my quote, maybe cheaper in other areas. Plus at these prices you would think it would be the heavy Duty model that can withstand a rtt and two adults. I did ask about the OTR option and that is a bit much.

Hello Leon Ortega,

My name is Javier Garcia from Shell Land and I received your inquiry regarding A.R.E. Thanks for your interest in our premier line of caps and tonneau covers!

CX Classic: $1679.00
OTR Option: $455.00
Front Sliding window: $69.00
D/S Aluminum Paneled Windoor w/folding T: $362.00
P/S Aluminum Paneled Windoor w/folding T: $362.00
Yakima Skyline w/Core Bar: $432.00

Subtotal: $3359.00
Total: $3,678.11

Optional: 4 clamps $40.00
Dare I say it or just hold my breath ? Breath Lou, just breath slow & easy .
Naw . . . I know things and it's better to share so all can "learn" or ignore at their choosing .
SO . . . This Total of $3678.11 is VERY Close to what an RSI SmartCap EVO will be as of the 27th of March.
I'd say more but I don't want to UpSet anyone for "taking Over" the ARE Theme . That's it, yes I'm still unemployed . . . ha, by choice . . . :CWL: :like:

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Dare I say it or just hold my breath ? Breath Lou, just breath slow & easy .
Naw . . . I know things and it's better to share so all can "learn" or ignore at their choosing .
SO . . . This Total of $3678.11 is VERY Close to what an RSI SmartCap EVO will be as of the 27th of March.
I'd say more but I don't want to UpSet anyone for "taking Over" the ARE Theme . That's it, yes I'm still unemployed . . . ha, by choice . . . :CWL: :like:
It's all good. Happy to see the diverse opinions and information on other systems. It only helps one make up their mind on which way to go that will get them close to what they want. There are pros and cons to most everything. Plus, my perfect is another's ugh!

SC_Paco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
FYI, ARE just sent me this rendering that will be posting soon on the site.

FYI, I paid under $2k for mine primed with outdoorsman, free carpet upgrade, sliding front window and yakima rails.

Dang this looks great to me.

upload_2020-3-2_8-28-21.png
Where did you buy yours from? Thanks

Sponsored

meadowsdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Where did you buy yours from? Thanks
Pickup outfitters in St Ann, Mo $1695 paint matched out the door! The site now says starting at $2095. Seems odd. I got shipping confirmation today. Should have installed week of the 30th as i am out of town till the 24th. Its been a long wait!

Tango bravo 4 wheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator / Wrangler
Ordered my CX with paint match Fri as well as inside roof carpet, lighting package, Yakama roof rack system. This is the same system I had on my Tacoma 4x4 OffRoad. Four weeks for delivery, $2,945.50
Sponsored