Are KO2s also narrow?

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Pretty straight forward question… it’s been well documented that KO2s have a smaller diameter than most other similarly-specced tires, but are they also more narrow? If so, by how much? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
You can look at the specs for the size you are interested in and compare with other brands. Check tread width.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Specs aren’t reliable. According to specs, there’s not a real difference between KO2 diameter and other tires, but real world measurements show that not to be the case. Plus, it virtually impossible for me to find even manufacturer-stated width specs outside of the standard tire sizing. Thus the reason for this post.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
When I was tire shopping I remember seeing specs that showed they were narrower. I think I was looking at Tire Rack, Discount Tire, Belle Tire, BFGs site...

Are you looking for a narrow tire or to avoid a narrow tire?

I went with the 35" Toyo ATIIIs because they were narrower than many other 35s and would be a better fit than most with the stock wheels.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was tire shopping I remember seeing specs that showed they were narrower. I think I was looking at Tire Rack, Discount Tire, Belle Tire, BFGs site...

Are you looking for a narrow tire or to avoid a narrow tire?

I went with the 35" Toyo ATIIIs because they were narrower than many other 35s and would be a better fit than most with the stock wheels.
I'd prefer not sizing all the way down to an official 11.5" width, but I'd be happy with a narrow 12.5". Yeah, I know I'm being kind of picky here. We'll just have to see...
Sponsored