mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Here it is! “Auto Dim High Abrams”

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls BBF669DF-AD2C-4892-88A9-6A893A839A5A
Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It's not as simple as enabling things otherwise I'd have mine with auto dim headlamps already. There's obviously something else missing, something in those that have it vs. those that do not. It's not a setting. I've been all through everything I could find related to the auto dim headlamps - nothing.
Think about this, too - if it was always as simple as a setting, Jeep could never sell such things as people would never buy anything you can later flip a switch and have. Why would any here pay $100, $200, or even $300 for anything they could later program in?

Funny thing - this has been hashed over for how long and so far, no one has made it work simply by changing settings. That should be a clue.
Not sure if you were replying to me... but I posted the page from the manual. I was trying to find a way to disable it because it is honestly not worth it. It doesn't work like it should - at least not on my truck. The requirement is the front facing camera according to the manual.

Any who, got it disabled so I can quit randomly flashing my high beams for no reason whatsoever!

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Anyone that has the auto-dim high beam care to take a picture of what is behind the windshield for the ACC/FCW? Maybe there was a change in hardware? Mine was built in 11/19, I have ACC/FCW and do not have the option. I also have the trail cam but I doubt that is part of this system as it points down.

Here is a photo of mine:

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls C7B92B82-02A2-41C7-8120-F01BA199F4D2

Thanks

Last edited:

JonAllenTX

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Not to resurrect an old thread, but for anyone that might be reading this moving forward, the front facing (trail camera) is not a requirement. Mine has no trail cam, but has auto high beams. If you have it it'll be on your build sheet. If you don't, it won't. The camera that is required is part of the ACC and FCW system (the one behind the mirror), not the trail cam as some here have said.

You can look up your build sheet with your VIN. It'll list everything put into your Jeep. There's a line item for the auto high beams if you have it. https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not to resurrect an old thread, but for anyone that might be reading this moving forward, the front facing (trail camera) is not a requirement. Mine has no trail cam, but has auto high beams. If you have it it'll be on your build sheet. If you don't, it won't. The camera that is required is part of the ACC and FCW system (the one behind the mirror), not the trail cam as some here have said.

You can look up your build sheet with your VIN. It'll list everything put into your Jeep. There's a line item for the auto high beams if you have it. https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
It's part of the advanced safety group.
The issue is that it was NOT included anywhere for Overland PRIOR to December 2019.
Mine was built in November. So although I have the advanced safety group, I do NOT have auto high beams.
Here's the quote from a Jeep person confirming how it was done -
"If you get the advanced safety group with the adaptive cruise and you have the 8.4" radio then you get it, on all Trims. This was implemented in December 2019."

The window sticker generally breaks things down different. It's impossible to tell from a build sheet what is part of what package. Cold weather group? All that stuff is elsewhere. Advanced safety group? The stuff in that isn't listed under that group - you have to guess what's part of that package.

Yes, like mentioned on other pages, and as shown in a photo on this page, it's the SAME camera used for the ACC and forward collision warning, above the mirror inside.
Sponsored