First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Punk’n
Occupation
Engineer
I'm attempting to get this working on my Overland. It has Forward Collision Control, so I would hope that it's possible.

I did get the option to show up in the radio settings, but no luck on it actually working as far as I can tell.

Anyone with it working from the factory and an OBD tool like JScan care to share what values are set for theirs? In particular, I'm not sure what to set for "Auto High Beam Location" in JScan. Possible values are "ECC_AHBM", "CRVMM", "HALF", "Reserved" and "Reserved". There's also a setting for "ECC AHBM Present On/Off". Or if you could shed some light on what the values mean?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
i don’t have a ton of help for you, except some Googling that you may or may not have done. AHBM Is auto high beam module from what I can find, but not much details. CVRMM I didn’t find much on, except for one Dodge owners manual listing it as being on the same fuse as the rain sensors. This makes some sense because my wife’s Durango has both of those and she had a big windshield box like my Gladiator does. She does not have ACC though, so I’m not sure if there is a difference in the modules inside there.

I think you’re on the right track of seeing if someone who has it from the factory could share their settings. Another Avenue might be the AlfaObd mentioned in the thread about adding the front camera. It seems to be a much more powerful tool.

Hopefully you can sort this, I would love to have it turned on for mine.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I also found this, it’s a Ram, but maybe those will help out.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/questions-about-installing-auto-dim-mirror.103715/page-2

It looks like if you get it working it should show in the cluster as from factory. On the Durango this happens with the turn signal stalk forward (like you would do to get high beams normally) and the auto headlights turn on. If I start it in the garage and it’s dark enough, the headlights come on and I see “Auto Headlight Dimming activated” or something similar on the dash screen.

Also, here is some more info on CVRMM and what it stands for:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_cruise_control.htm

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I also found this, it’s a Ram, but maybe those will help out.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/questions-about-installing-auto-dim-mirror.103715/page-2

It looks like if you get it working it should show in the cluster as from factory. On the Durango this happens with the turn signal stalk forward (like you would do to get high beams normally) and the auto headlights turn on. If I start it in the garage and it’s dark enough, the headlights come on and I see “Auto Headlight Dimming activated” or something similar on the dash screen.

Also, here is some more info on CVRMM and what it stands for:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_cruise_control.htm
Your Google-fu is next level. It sounds like based on what you’ve said that CVRMM is the option I should try. I’ll report back after some tinkering.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Your Google-fu is next level. It sounds like based on what you’ve said that CVRMM is the option I should try. I’ll report back after some tinkering.
I’m an engineer by trade, so high level Google-fu is a job requirement lol

Keeping my fingers crossed this works out.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm attempting to get this working on my Overland. It has Forward Collision Control, so I would hope that it's possible.

I did get the option to show up in the radio settings, but no luck on it actually working as far as I can tell.

Anyone with it working from the factory and an OBD tool like JScan care to share what values are set for theirs? In particular, I'm not sure what to set for "Auto High Beam Location" in JScan. Possible values are "ECC_AHBM", "CRVMM", "HALF", "Reserved" and "Reserved". There's also a setting for "ECC AHBM Present On/Off". Or if you could shed some light on what the values mean?

Thanks in advance.
front camera is also required. The ACC and forward collision don't detect "light" - so just having ACC and FCC won't do it. The forward camera is required according to the settings I've looked at as I also have FCC and ACC - it's not enough. No light detection.

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
front camera is also required. The ACC and forward collision don't detect "light" - so just having ACC and FCC won't do it. The forward camera is required according to the settings I've looked at as I also have FCC and ACC - it's not enough. No light detection.
I believe that the Forward Facing Camera is what is needed. The FFC is part of the ACC and FCC systems as mentioned in the link jwilson posted. The forward facing camera is in the rear view module behind the windshield. Mopar part 56029823AD is for the Gladiator and is present in mine.

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
To Enable and Disable the Auto High Beams I have to push forward on the left side stalk, it simply toggles between the two options with the knob set to AUTO. I was mistaken about turning the knob, was remembering that from one of the other cars, sorry about the confusion!

AutoHighDiabled.jpg

AutoHighEnabled.jpg
Any chance you could share your settings from JScan?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pushing forward normally turns on high beams, pulling back low beams on these. So perhaps with auto high beam enabled (meaning the forward facing camera and ACC and auto high beams enabled) turning on high beams selects auto high beam. In other words, if you use A for automatic headlights, any time you turn on your high beams you are in auto high beam.

For other style Jeeps they obviously have a different sensor since none of them come with the front or forward camera.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that the Forward Facing Camera is what is needed. The FFC is part of the ACC and FCC systems as mentioned in the link jwilson posted. The forward facing camera is in the rear view module behind the windshield. Mopar part 56029823AD is for the Gladiator and is present in mine.

But 2020 Overlands won't have auto dim headlights because although they can have ACC and FCC like mine has, there is no camera up there.
Mine stated CLEARLY that the camera is required. I DO have FCC and ACC.
I know about those. I have those, they work great - but there is no way to enable auto dim headlights.

To dim headlights you must have light sensing.

I'll try to remember to get a screen shot of my jscan connected to the OBD reader and try to show what it says.
I HAVE EVERY OPTION, but still it can't enable because it needs a camera or some way to sense LIGHT. It gives an error and says that other equipment is required.

Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey everybody! This is something I'm running into on my 2021 EcoDiesel JTR that my 2020 Pentastar JTR didn't have - even though they were literally identical except my EcoDiesel has the following extra/different options: diesel engine, trans required for diesel, cold weather group, leather, steel bumper, hard top headliner. I had the advanced safety and forward facing cam on both my 2020 JTR and this new 2021 JTR, but my 2020 never had auto high beams that would turn themselves on or off.

What brings me here is... I hate that they turn themselves on and off. I live out in the country, and for no rhyme or reason, my brights will turn themselves off and on over and over - even on completely dark country roads. It looks like I'm randomly flashing my brights.

I haven't found a definitive way to stop this except just turning off the high beams. Pushing my stalk toward the gauge cluster engages high beams or turns them off - it won't toggle this option for me. Any ideas?

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have JScan? You could try disabling the feature using that. If you do, I’d love to see your settings before you change them. Thanks.

Hey everybody! This is something I'm running into on my 2021 EcoDiesel JTR that my 2020 Pentastar JTR didn't have - even though they were literally identical except my EcoDiesel has the following extra/different options: diesel engine, trans required for diesel, cold weather group, leather, steel bumper, hard top headliner. I had the advanced safety and forward facing cam on both my 2020 JTR and this new 2021 JTR, but my 2020 never had auto high beams that would turn themselves on or off.

What brings me here is... I hate that they turn themselves on and off. I live out in the country, and for no rhyme or reason, my brights will turn themselves off and on over and over - even on completely dark country roads. It looks like I'm randomly flashing my brights.

I haven't found a definitive way to stop this except just turning off the high beams. Pushing my stalk toward the gauge cluster engages high beams or turns them off - it won't toggle this option for me. Any ideas?

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp, would help if I would have just checked the manual first! it's a Uconnect setting. I thought it would be something I could change while driving. Guess not!

Welp, mystery solved!

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.22.41 AM

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp, would help if I would have just checked the manual first! it's a Uconnect setting. I thought it would be something I could change while driving. Guess not!

Welp, mystery solved!

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.22.41 AM
So, this said... my 2020 JTR probably did have it if it comes with the forward facing camera option - it might have just been disabled from the factory.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's not as simple as enabling things otherwise I'd have mine with auto dim headlamps already. There's obviously something else missing, something in those that have it vs. those that do not. It's not a setting. I've been all through everything I could find related to the auto dim headlamps - nothing.
Think about this, too - if it was always as simple as a setting, Jeep could never sell such things as people would never buy anything you can later flip a switch and have. Why would any here pay $100, $200, or even $300 for anything they could later program in?

Funny thing - this has been hashed over for how long and so far, no one has made it work simply by changing settings. That should be a clue.
Sponsored