Unnecessary High pricing

CheatyJeepy14

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hi! New to the forum and getting excited to replace my wrangler with a Ruby Galdiator!

Just asking a question and making an observation. Is it me or do all the dealers seem to have in stock are extremely « accessorized » gladiators in stock? It seems like you can’t find a Rubicon under 50k to save your life unless you run across a great deal. This may be a market strategy for every who just « gotta have one » with the new truck’s launch.

I’m waiting until I re-deploy to the Us to make my purchase, but I’m hoping to find a reasonably priced one by the time I get back. I may end up having to custom order through a dealer, but obviously that throws outa lot of my negotiation chips. Any advice from people out there on making the purchase? I’d love to hear someone share their story on making a good purchase and how you negotiated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Hi! New to the forum and getting excited to replace my wrangler with a Ruby Galdiator!

Just asking a question and making an observation. Is it me or do all the dealers seem to have in stock are extremely « accessorized » gladiators in stock? It seems like you can’t find a Rubicon under 50k to save your life unless you run across a great deal. This may be a market strategy for every who just « gotta have one » with the new truck’s launch.

I’m waiting until I re-deploy to the Us to make my purchase, but I’m hoping to find a reasonably priced one by the time I get back. I may end up having to custom order through a dealer, but obviously that throws outa lot of my negotiation chips. Any advice from people out there on making the purchase? I’d love to hear someone share their story on making a good purchase and how you negotiated.

Thanks!
Thanks for your service!

You will get better pricing if you custom order (vs. buying off the lot), and also get exactly what you want.

Work with @spenchey, @Travis@TriCityJeep or one of the other discount dealers discussed on the forum and order what you want. With 8-12 week turn around time, you could order now and have it ready & delivered when you are stateside again.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I found the best deal by ordering through travis. He has been very straight forward but FCA is in no rush. They have some serious issues with their production line, just be aware 8-12 weeks delivered is the "goal". I am now sitting at 4 months and was just given a late august production date after filing a complaint with FCA. I'll be lucky to get it within 6 months

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I think you have a Catch-22 situation. If you buy off the lot, dealers are going to add options you may not want. But if you order, you wait.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Custom order about 6 weeks before you're stateside. You'll get the best price and won't have a long wait. I recommend @spenchey . My Ruby was 46k from him optioned exactly how I wanted it.

Sponsored

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
what about checking out the AAFES new car sales, I thought jeep was part of that program, you can order under invoice, they have a sight if you are not near a exchange site or trailer.

OP
OP
CheatyJeepy14

CheatyJeepy14

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Thanks for all the replies! I’ll be sure to check out the discount ordering. In regards to AAFES: I know we have the MAS company but i will check AAFES. Only problem is trying to sell off the wrangler before I make the gladiator purchase. ‍♂

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Thanks for all the replies! I’ll be sure to check out the discount ordering. In regards to AAFES: I know we have the MAS company but i will check AAFES. Only problem is trying to sell off the wrangler before I make the gladiator purchase. ‍♂
If you order one, you can trade in your Wrangler when it arrives.

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
AAFES cant touch the 5-7% off
This is correct, I went through MAS on my deployment base and ended up below invoice but not 5-7%, but if your ordering, Travis and Spenchey are very well regarded around here.

I'm very happy with MAS, and they will match a written offer, but not an advertised price. I would go talk to them at least and find a good starting point. OP, PM me if you want more details on MAS process.

Like I said I'm happy with my purchase, but if I could do it again, I would heavily consider one of the above two guys.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
This is correct, I went through MAS on my deployment base and ended up below invoice but not 5-7%, but if your ordering, Travis and Spenchey are very well regarded around here.

I'm very happy with MAS, and they will match a written offer, but not an advertised price. I would go talk to them at least and find a good starting point. OP, PM me if you want more details on MAS process.

Like I said I'm happy with my purchase, but if I could do it again, I would heavily consider one of the above two guys.
What are these acronyms? MAS, AAFES...