Sponsored

Auto High-beam head lamp controls

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
The auto high-beam (as opposed to auto headlights) feature requires the camera in ACC/FCW system to work. If you don't have that, then you won't have the auto high-beams. If you have auto high-beams, you can enable/disable them via the Uconnect menu under "Lights":
Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls 2020-06-25 14_29_07-20_JT_OM_EN_USC_t
Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JTR with the same Auto option on the light control nob. All it does for me is described in the manual. (see quoted text below) No automatic dimming of hight beams.

Automatic Headlights — If Equipped
The Automatic Headlight System will turn the headlights on or off according to ambient light levels. To turn the system on, rotate the headlight switch clockwise to the last detent for automatic headlight operation. When the system is on, the headlight time delay feature is also on. This means the headlights will stay on for up to 90 seconds (programmable through the Uconnect settings) after you place the ignition into the OFF position. To turn the automatic system off, move the headlight switch out of the AUTO position.

Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information on the headlight delay timing.

NOTE:
The engine must be running before the head- lights will come on in the automatic mode.
When was yours built?

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JTR with the same Auto option on the light control nob. All it does for me is described in the manual. (see quoted text below) No automatic dimming of hight beams.

Automatic Headlights — If Equipped
The Automatic Headlight System will turn the headlights on or off according to ambient light levels. To turn the system on, rotate the headlight switch clockwise to the last detent for automatic headlight operation. When the system is on, the headlight time delay feature is also on. This means the headlights will stay on for up to 90 seconds (programmable through the Uconnect settings) after you place the ignition into the OFF position. To turn the automatic system off, move the headlight switch out of the AUTO position.

Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information on the headlight delay timing.

NOTE:
The engine must be running before the head- lights will come on in the automatic mode.
When was yours built?

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The auto high-beam (as opposed to auto headlights) feature requires the camera in ACC/FCW system to work. If you don't have that, then you won't have the auto high-beams. If you have auto high-beams, you can enable/disable them via the Uconnect menu under "Lights":
Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls 2020-06-25 14_29_07-20_JT_OM_EN_USC_t
Thanks @TheITGuy for that info. If you’ve got the feature can you show a screenshot of the Uconnect screen?

Mine is arriving at some point next week so if you can’t I surely will be able to post the pic.

@PEI-Gladys looks like you missed the cutoff.

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Thanks @TheITGuy for that info. If you’ve got the feature can you show a screenshot of the Uconnect screen?

Mine is arriving at some point next week so if you can’t I surely will be able to post the pic.

@PEI-Gladys looks like you missed the cutoff.
Unfortunately, I do not have a Gladiator. I live vicariously though the other members of the forum :CWL: :LOL: :CWL: :LOL: :CWL: :crying:.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was built in Nov. 2019 and doesn't seem to have it.
See my original post, there are a few requirements for you to have it. November would have been too early.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I have them on my Rubi. You can activate them on the turn signal stalk just like regular high beams. The switch is spring loaded to the front and rear. Pull rearward to flash your high beams or push forward to activate or deactivate the auto dimming beams. An alert will pop up on the dash. You can also activate on the Uconnect menu.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I’m talking about, good to know. Thanks!

BSRubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Hydro Blue JT Rubicon - '17 Admiral Blue Grand Sport Corvette
Occupation
Engineer
To Enable and Disable the Auto High Beams I have to push forward on the left side stalk, it simply toggles between the two options with the knob set to AUTO. I was mistaken about turning the knob, was remembering that from one of the other cars, sorry about the confusion!

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls AutoHighDiabled

Jeep Gladiator Auto High-beam head lamp controls AutoHighEnabled

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, thanks for all the info. Now I need to know how to get this on my earlier build Jeep :) I do have ACC/FCA, so I'm good there.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I haven't got a Gladiator yet, but I'm wondering if it's anything like my Wife's Subaru that I never knew had auto high beams. I found when the headlights are set on Auto, if you turn on (push the stalk) the high beams and leave it on, the high beams will go on and off automatically, depending on traffic.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I asked the dealership to put in the LMS code on Friday. I have a Rubicon with the advance safety group with 8.4 screen with a late 12/19 build date. It did not activate the auto high beams. Not sure if there maybe needs an Uconnect update or if it's just not possible.
Sponsored