Sponsored

Auto stop failure, now check engine light.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
following. 2 years and 21K miles to the day of owning my JTR, ASS light and then CEL popped on. appt next week at dealership.
Sponsored

navymustng

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Logistics Analyst
Update to my original post.... engine started pinging to the point where super unleaded didn't even get rid of it, gas mileage plummeted over the past several months and the check engine light finally stayed on long enough to get an appointment at the dealership. codes came up as right bank camshaft i was told. They ordered parts and came in the next day. Service advisor said it should be done the next day. The next day no calls and no return calls from the voicemails i left. Finally got in touch with the service advisor after two days and oh boy, now it's the intake cam on the right bank, exhaust cam on the right bank, lifters, rockers, journals and a host of other crap for the number 5 cylinder. One year of ownership and less that 5000 miles, yippee. Even better than that, they said they have no loaner vehicle for me. All the engine noise concerns started between 1500 and 2000 miles. Every time it went in to be looked at, came back with the same BS... tech could not duplicate noise, no CEL, all systems functioning as normal. This is sue doesn't even address the intermittent auto start stop failure light. That comes on at least once a week and goes out after a restart.
Fixed mine! See attached!

2FAA596E-CDAD-4152-8DEF-3F0674306C17.jpeg

IHCDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Damn, that service write up is everything that I was told was wrong with mine but mine is number 5 cylinder. I hope it fixed when it gets back. I was told the rest of the parts finally came in Friday. I may get it back Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath. Did it solve all of your problems?

navymustng

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Senior Logistics Analyst
Damn, that service write up is everything that I was told was wrong with mine but mine is number 5 cylinder. I hope it fixed when it gets back. I was told the rest of the parts finally came in Friday. I may get it back Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath. Did it solve all of your problems?
Absolutely did!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely did!
There's been others post similar - damaged cam, rusted cam and things similar to what's on your work order there - crazy!
I think every dealer needs to be sent a copy of your paperwork!

Sponsored

Crazyheiffer

First Name
Jonie Lowe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Paralegal
I have had my gladiator for a little over 2 months and put about
3500 miles on it. My problems started around 3 weeks of ownership as a auto start/stop light came on and . After shutting the jeep off and turning it on again, it was gone and worked properly. No engine light. This happened three or four times, and on the most recent, a check engine light came on and has stayed on and the auto stop and start light is gone and working properly. I would normally just take this to the dealership and have them look at it, but I am active duty military and will be leaving my station in the next few days with a 1200 MI drive home. Should I be concerned about driving that far with the engine light on? If this is the dreaded cylinder misfire that I've heard of, is that possible for it to cause damage? I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, hopefully @JeepCares will chime in. Thanks for the read

20191220_070537.jpg

20191106_114111.jpg
I have had my gladiator for a little over 2 months and put about
3500 miles on it. My problems started around 3 weeks of ownership as a auto start/stop light came on and . After shutting the jeep off and turning it on again, it was gone and worked properly. No engine light. This happened three or four times, and on the most recent, a check engine light came on and has stayed on and the auto stop and start light is gone and working properly. I would normally just take this to the dealership and have them look at it, but I am active duty military and will be leaving my station in the next few days with a 1200 MI drive home. Should I be concerned about driving that far with the engine light on? If this is the dreaded cylinder misfire that I've heard of, is that possible for it to cause damage? I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, hopefully @JeepCares will chime in. Thanks for the read

Jeep Gladiator Auto stop failure, now check engine light. 2FAA596E-CDAD-4152-8DEF-3F0674306C17

Jeep Gladiator Auto stop failure, now check engine light. 2FAA596E-CDAD-4152-8DEF-3F0674306C17
My 2020 Gladiator has been doing this for the past 2 months. They’ve replaced the cams, rockers and coils already. And it’s still doing this. Runs like it’s got bad fuel also. Just got it back. And it’s started all over again. I’ll getting really upset with this. Weeks in the shop and nothing is changing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Should I be concerned about driving that far with the engine light on?

Want to address just this part.......... once that light is on, DEPENDING on the condition that caused it, it may stay on until the code is cleared EVEN IF NO FURTHER ISSUES TAKE PLACE.
My own CEL came on due to misfire - it stayed on through multiple stops and starts even though there were no issues.
So just because the light is on doesn't mean that the issue is current, it doesn't mean that it's not.
The only way to know is to read the codes, reset/turn off the light and see if it returns.

CEL means something happened you need to look into. That something may have happened 10 miles ago and thing are fine - that thing may still be happening.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My 2020 Gladiator has been doing this for the past 2 months. They’ve replaced the cams, rockers and coils already. And it’s still doing this. Runs like it’s got bad fuel also. Just got it back. And it’s started all over again. I’ll getting really upset with this. Weeks in the shop and nothing is changing.
Hi, Crazyheiffer. If you need support from our team while your Gladiator is with the dealership, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored