Sponsored

Auto stop failure, now check engine light.

TouringGladiator

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Field Tech
I'm having the same issues as well. Build date was 12-19.

No codes are displayed but engine light is still on. I checked the gas cap. It's tight.

Bought this 3 months ago and have 12k+ miles.

I commute a lot for work 40-60k a year. And I bet I will run into problems faster than most. I will let the forum know how it goes.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I'm having the same issues as well. Build date was 12-19.

No codes are displayed but engine light is still on. I checked the gas cap. It's tight.

Bought this 3 months ago and have 12k+ miles.

I commute a lot for work 40-60k a year. And I bet I will run into problems faster than most. I will let the forum know how it goes.
@TouringGladiator
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these concerns with your new Jeep. Please follow up with our team via private message with your VIN so that we may further assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares

ajfoster02

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
Just dropped my JT off at the dealer today. Same issue as all of you. ESS has been intermittently failing and as of yesterday got the P0300 misfire code. I really hope this doesnā€™t drag out and get ugly. Iā€™ve dumped a ton of $ into upgrades on it and Iā€™m getting depressed reading all of these similar problems with no resolution!

kmac2498

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, so new to the group as I just bought my Gladiator about 8 days ago and have 451 miles on it. This will make my 6th Jeep. Anyway, I had the same light and check engine come on today on the way to work. I turned off the ignition waited then turned it back on again. The light wasn't there. Today while leaving work, the light and check engine light came on. I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow.

Sponsored

ajfoster02

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
Just dropped my JT off at the dealer today. Same issue as all of you. ESS has been intermittently failing and as of yesterday got the P0300 misfire code. I really hope this doesnā€™t drag out and get ugly. Iā€™ve dumped a ton of $ into upgrades on it and Iā€™m getting depressed reading all of these similar problems with no resolution!
So the dealer is saying they found no issue and just re-set the computer. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ll be taking it back there fairly soon!

Besch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland (sting-gray)
Ok I have had the check engine light on 3 times and before I could get it to the dealer the light went off. Last week it came on and was still on today when I got it to the dealer.
they are waiting on cam phaser.

WVWAHOO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired teacher/coach
Take it back to the dealer! This happen to me for the sscond time. At 5,000 miles the check engine light came on. After two weeks in the sHop and numerous engine changes I got my gladiator back. Yesterday with 5,706 miles on a 2020 gladiator the light comes back on. I returned it to the dealer and I am waiting for the report. This is round two for me. I hope you have better luck.

Does anyone have JeepCares address?

TouringGladiator

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Field Tech
So the dealer is saying they found no issue and just re-set the computer. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ll be taking it back there fairly soon!
The dealer did the same to me. No engine check light so far. Sometimes the stop start doesn't work.

Sponsored

ajfoster02

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
The dealer did the same to me. No engine check light so far. Sometimes the stop start doesn't work.
I took mine out this morning for the first time since getting it back. The ESS and check engine light went on within 5 minutes of driving. Guess itā€™s going back!

OneBadHombre

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave being built...
Occupation
Medical Devices
I took mine out this morning for the first time since getting it back. The ESS and check engine light went on within 5 minutes of driving. Guess itā€™s going back!
If itā€™s the misfire issue, thereā€™s no fix yet and I would recommend trying to steer them away from tearing up your engine if at all possible. Not to mention itā€™s hell having them do that...having light come back...they try again...light come back etc.

Misfire a well known issue. That thread I posted goes over others experiences really well. Itā€™s a software issue and hopeful to have a fix out in next couple of months.

FWIW the majority of build dates effected seem to be between Oct 2019 - Feb 2020 I donā€™t know that Iā€™ve seen any outside of that date range yet, but Iā€™m sure it exists.

Im no expert but been tracking this pretty closely helping my elderly parents work through this issue that ended in lemon law.

OrangeGlad2020

First Name
Darian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Wrangler 2Sport 2dr
Greetings all, having the same issue with my JT. I have a build date of 10/19. Started getting the intermittent EES lights/malfunctions at about 2k miles. I would restart the truck and it would go away. As of late it I have gotten the CEL P0300 code. Headed to the dealer to start down the same disappointing path as so many of you. I really appreciated this forum and all of you posting your experiences to help inform your fellow JT owners, THANK YOU! I thought (first mistake) since the 3.6 was such a good engine and used on many FCA platforms and the JL had been out awhile most large-scale issues would have been resolved. One buys new vehicles to avoid service/dealership visits. THANKS AGAIN ALL

iaflier

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm having the Stop/Start & the Service the electronic control lights come on. Only 4,600 miles on mine! They reset when you shut off the truck and come back on within 5-10 miles of driving. Goes to the dealer on Thursday.
Jeep Gladiator Auto stop failure, now check engine light. IMG_2541

ajfoster02

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Manager
Just an update. I had it back to the dealer a third time and they FINALLY said they got the update for the computer. If anyone needs the actual language for their dealer please see the attached...

8EB2E705-F410-4D02-8BEF-308B8BCA3D31.jpeg
Sponsored