Sponsored

Auto stop failure, now check engine light.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wish more that are having issue will chim in. Every time I take mine in for these issues I print this thread out for the service dept. Hopefully either jeep cares or someone will figure out there's a issue
The engineers for the JT platform are aware of the issue. The people on the assembly floor escalated the issue to the higher ups back a few months ago as more than usual JT's were failing final assembly inspection for misfire issues.
The day mine was built, 10 others had the same misfire issue.
Sponsored

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I had it happen once a week ago during a cross country trip from Wisconsin to New Jersey. I refueled in Ohio and while merging back onto I80 I had to get into the throttle quite a bit. During that harder than usual acceleration the check engine light flashed a few times and then turned off and the the ASS trouble light stayed lit. After shutting the truck off at the next fuel stop and restarting the light was off. I have not been able to reproduce the issue even under heavy acceleration.
That is the identical circumstance to the first few times my light came on. Normally between 3000- 4000Ish rpm.The last time the CEL stayed on.

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious if it is a programming issue or sensitivity to how the engine is tuned from the factory?

Aaronf40

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Had the same issue. After being in the shop over 4 months, they replaced the ECU. So far the problem is fixed, however now the CEL is on for something different....

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Update: after initially replacing the rocker arms and the check engine light came back after they reassembled, they tore it back down, located a faulty rocker that they just replaced. I picked up my Jeep yesterday and the light is currently out. What I have noticed is the throttle response and acceleration is completely different from when i first purchased the Jeep. Meaning feels more powerful and the motor sounds healthy. I am guessing my problem was straight from the factory but who knows.

Sponsored

ToCo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Having same issue with Gladiator that was delivered on Nov 20, 2019. The check engine light intermittently comes on and seems related to the automatic start/stop function. The start/stop not available warning light comes on then the next time the car is cranked the check engine light comes on. This started the second day I had the vehicle with less than 50 miles on it and has happened five times in about a month and with less than 1,100 miles on the truck. The dealership has been good on trying to work with me, but they have not been able to find anything wrong after several trips back and leaving the truck with them overnight. If the check engine light is not reset by the dealership, it does go off on its own after a few days. The truck seems to run well otherwise (but hard to really know since I don't have anything to compare it to if there has been some problem from the beginning). Other than the annoyance, I am more worried that it points to something that could be a long term and more serious problem.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one now with this issue. Sucks either way, but as Iā€™m looking at the order/build/delivery times of everyone elseā€™s... Iā€™m kind of in the same boat. Gonna go to the dealership in the morning. Fingers crossed...

0phantom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Got the start stop failure at 3xx miles. Yesterday at 442 miles got check engine p0300 random misfire. Running rough. Bought it off the delivery truck last Tuesday so it lasted 5 days and 400 miles.
S model with 3.73 gears. I rented a JLU from Thrifty during a business trip last week and it seemed to have so much more power. So much more I kind of had buyers remorse (until I saw my Gladiator again). Accel, cruising at 70-80mph. My JT seems very sluggish in comparison. But now I'm thinking maybe mine has engine issues and I'm down on power. They're only about 500lbs more but it was a very noticeable difference.

Dropping it off at dealer tomorrow. Very disappointed. First new jeep purchase, have owned multiple TJ's years ago and never had an issue, had an 08 JKU from 65k-85k miles never had a single issue, now a brand new JT and its broke. I'm really disappointed, I love the Gladiator but you gotta be kidding, engine problems at 400 miles. And in this forum we're hearing of horror stories from brand new gladiators. The engineers should have this a #1 priority and figure it out and have a TSB and recall already out. Its not like its a new engine and the launch was 8 months ago. New Jeeps should be retrofitted before delivery. Its unacceptable in 2020 to have major engine problems at 400 miles!

I'm giving them 3 attempts then the legal notice and if not fixed its getting lemoned and I'm done with jeeps.

0phantom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Update: after initially replacing the rocker arms and the check engine light came back after they reassembled, they tore it back down, located a faulty rocker that they just replaced. I picked up my Jeep yesterday and the light is currently out. What I have noticed is the throttle response and acceleration is completely different from when i first purchased the Jeep. Meaning feels more powerful and the motor sounds healthy. I am guessing my problem was straight from the factory but who knows.
I know what you mean, I rented a stock JLU on a business trip and it was night and day difference. It felt a good 60-70hp more, and more responsive. No problem accel to 75mph, the JT on the other hand seems a struggle without being in a lower gear.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Took mine up to the dealership first thing this am and dropped it off. Had two different warnings for O2 sensors and the dreaded misfire. They took it back and said there was a ā€œgasket leaking and that oil was dripping down onto the O2 sensor.ā€ They said they were going to replace it and gave me a loaner for the day. Iā€™m going to be documenting everything super well to keep track of it and Iā€™ll let you guys know exactly what they did as soon as itā€™s all done and back in my hands.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Took mine up to the dealership first thing this am and dropped it off. Had two different warnings for O2 sensors and the dreaded misfire. They took it back and said there was a ā€œgasket leaking and that oil was dripping down onto the O2 sensor.ā€ They said they were going to replace it and gave me a loaner for the day. Iā€™m going to be documenting everything super well to keep track of it and Iā€™ll let you guys know exactly what they did as soon as itā€™s all done and back in my hands.
Hi Andy,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, we would be happy to get a case opened for you on the Customer Care side.
Alex
JeepCares

ToCo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
My Gladiator is back at the dealership today. Of course the check engine light is not on now (it popped on over the weekend). The dealership is supposedly in touch with Chrysler. And of course they can't replicate it, but it seems others have the issue so I am hoping a solution is forthcoming.

ToCo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The latest from my dealership: "We have been in touch with Chrysler, they are aware of the problem but do not yet have a solution." Hopefully one is forth coming.

GatorGladiator

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
My week old Gladiator is also at the the dealer - less than 200 miles and the P0300 cel...

I'm not sure if it's better or worse knowing from this forum it's not an isolated issue.

Has anyone actually had theirs fixed?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My week old Gladiator is also at the the dealer - less than 200 miles and the P0300 cel...

I'm not sure if it's better or worse knowing from this forum it's not an isolated issue.

Has anyone actually had theirs fixed?
Mine threw the same code and was sputtering really bad at idle. They said there were some gaskets that appeared to have been installed incorrectly at manufacture and were leaking oil all over some sensors which caused a lot of issues. They replaced all the gaskets and oil-saturated sensors and so far havenā€™t had the light come back.
Unfortunately, while it was the same cel code, it doesnā€™t seem to be the same issue that others are having with the rockers.
Sponsored