Sponsored

Auto stop failure, now check engine light.

0phantom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
mine cleared up on its own, only a few days total. and no issues from 400 miles, yesterday at ~1000 got an auto stop start failure but cleared next start.
Sponsored

GatorGladiator

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
For mine all the cylinders on one of the banks were misfiring, the dealer replaced that 02 sensor and it seems to be running better.

We shall see, hopefully it's the end of it.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update: after initially replacing the rocker arms and the check engine light came back after they reassembled, they tore it back down, located a faulty rocker that they just replaced. I picked up my Jeep yesterday and the light is currently out. What I have noticed is the throttle response and acceleration is completely different from when i first purchased the Jeep. Meaning feels more powerful and the motor sounds healthy. I am guessing my problem was straight from the factory but who knows.
It's been a months since the dealer "fixed" your issue. How's your JT doing? Any more CEL /Ess lights?

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My week old Gladiator is also at the the dealer - less than 200 miles and the P0300 cel...

I'm not sure if it's better or worse knowing from this forum it's not an isolated issue.

Has anyone actually had theirs fixed?
Hi GatorGladiator,
We are certainly concerned to hear you are having trouble with your new Gladiator. If you would like to keep us posted on your dealer visit via private message, we would be happy to offer additional assistance while your vehicle is in service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
My CEL has come on for a couple of days now. The ESS is disabled, though I don’t miss it at all. My code reader is showing a P00FD trouble code which it has no definition for nor have I found it with a few quick web searches. Back to the dealer for me when I can get the time.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
My CEL has come on for a couple of days now. The ESS is disabled, though I don’t miss it at all. My code reader is showing a P00FD trouble code which it has no definition for nor have I found it with a few quick web searches. Back to the dealer for me when I can get the time.
That sucks. Following and hope it is simple

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My Google seems to work. Looks like a issue with the 2nd battery.

https://www.dtcdecode.com/Jeep/P00FD

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
My week old Gladiator is also at the the dealer - less than 200 miles and the P0300 cel...

I'm not sure if it's better or worse knowing from this forum it's not an isolated issue.

Has anyone actually had theirs fixed?
Same, 1week old & 200 miles CEL came on after start/stop!,
33 days at the dealership shop still not fixed, replacing lifter

Sponsored

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
The latest from my dealership: "We have been in touch with Chrysler, they are aware of the problem but do not yet have a solution." Hopefully one is forth coming.
i get exact same response, they are like since it is under warranty they have to ask Chrysler for every move, and atleast one day for turnaround for response for next thing to do.
It took 33 days for them to test fuel, run premium fuel, decided to replace rocker arm, backed out from decision and ran some other test and replace single lifter and now air/fuel ratio calibration, still not fixed. :swear::headbang:

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
My Google seems to work. Looks like a issue with the 2nd battery.

https://www.dtcdecode.com/Jeep/P00FD

Thx. Admittedly I only spent maybe 6 minutes searching which is 5 more than I ever spent on previous codes. The Torque app failed the lookup as well. I suppose the code sites are a bit slow with updates for these recent features. ...and the thought of having to go back to the service department had already activated my get-pissed-off trigger.

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
update:
went into dealer to fix CEL p0300 with 200miles and got back after 450 miles and 35 days and lifter replaced, less than 24 hrs later dies at every stop same issue, A! & CEL same thing all over again, one thing is sure after driving loaner cheeroke and now gladiator sports, they both have more engine power & better throttle response than mine with CEL on, it is night and day difference. Mine is a drag.

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
Update: after initially replacing the rocker arms and the check engine light came back after they reassembled, they tore it back down, located a faulty rocker that they just replaced. I picked up my Jeep yesterday and the light is currently out. What I have noticed is the throttle response and acceleration is completely different from when i first purchased the Jeep. Meaning feels more powerful and the motor sounds healthy. I am guessing my problem was straight from the factory but who knows.

I am realizing the same here, after driving loaner cheeroke and now gladiator sports, they both have more engine power & better throttle response than mine with CEL on, it is night and day difference. Mine is a drag.

Illiana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
All, wanted to post this up here in Hope's it may help others dealing with this. I'm on day one of having it back, but no lights are currently on. Good luck.

15827590621203602287733846856339.jpg
Sponsored