First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara, 2021 Gladiator Overland & 2000 Cor
Occupation
Retired
Just go to Great Lakes Skipper, they have tons of new marine fuel tanks that are built for various boats.
Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
There is some guy in a Facebook group with a DEF tank converted to an Aux fuel tank. He put a fuel gauge where the 12 outlet was and hooked up a transfer pump to feed the main. He even found a replacement green cap off Amazon for the DEF fill.

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
wow can someone please share his information I like to talk to him, about it.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
There’s this: https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/gladiator-sidekick-tank-5060015

I bought one, partly because they had a scratch-and-dent model for about half price, though not the Gladiator-specific kit. The Glad kit is the same tank but different brackets, to mount to the trail rail on the passenger side.

On the driver’s side (where you’d naturally put it, so you can fill both aux and main tank without moving the truck) there’s a bump in the sheet metal at the front left corner of the bed to clear the stock fuel filler neck. That bump means the tank doesn’t sit flush into the corner on the driver’s side, but has a couple inch gap between the tank and the side of the bed. I made my own brackets and use that gap for storage

BTW the ”scratch and dent” was nothing, someone cross-threaded the threaded insert on the bottom nose of the tank where you can put in a rubber foot to support the nose on a wheel well. Useless on the Gladiator regardless, as there isn’t a flat surface where it would land anyway. Tank had never been filled or even installed as far as I could tell.

Nothing fancy about this, no pump, no pushbutton transfer, no pipes or hoses to install. I use the included Shaker Siphon hose to transfer when the main tank is empty. Takes about 15 minutes with cold diesel (probably faster with less viscous gasoline)
I don't get it. In the designing phase, why didn't they widen the footprint 1/2 to 3/4 an inch to bring it down below the top of the bed. It's a deal breaker for me. (Edit)

After a second look, it appears it was made for a different application and they "made it fit" for the gladiator. There's tons of space above the wheel well where the tank cold have been reduced in height to fit under the gladiator. As much as they charge for a simple plastic tank you'd think they'd make it fit the application.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
it appears it was made for a different application and they "made it fit" for the gladiator. There's tons of space above the wheel well where the tank cold have been reduced in height to fit under the gladiator. As much as they charge for a simple plastic tank you'd think they'd make it fit the application.
You’re right, it’s a generic fit tank that precedes the Gladiator’s existence. Maybe they’ll make one to fit someday, but I doubt it. Seems like most of their business is under-bed fitted tanks for full size trucks where there’s tons of room to use. And yeah, if fitting under a tonneau is a requirement, this won’t work at all

(works great for me though)

Sponsored

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
Wow. Thanks guys for letting me know. I almost order one!

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
EVO has a Aluminum Tank and Skid plate that mounts in the Spare tire location. Can be seen here... it'll be available separately soon.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Very curious to see if that fits the Gladiator frame too

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
EVO has a Aluminum Tank and Skid plate that mounts in the Spare tire location. Can be seen here... it'll be available separately soon.

Moving a problem. Now you're losing one of the main purposes of getting the bed...

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor

Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Right, I can’t keep all of that guy’s Jeeps straight. Thought it was one of the Wrangler builds

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
WOW, can’t wait to find more information about it.
40GlL is about 284Lb

Synctheship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 XJ, 17 Titan SV King Cab, 21 JTRD
WOW, can’t wait to find more information about it.
40GlL is about 284Lb

Find out any info? Seems like it's only available as part of their rear trailing arm kit as you have to remove the stock fuel tank.

Would love a larger/aux tank without having to put it in the bed.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I'm a little worried about 284lb hanging there behind the axle and what it does to the frame.
On a vehicle that is supposed to have long travel, so capable of baja style (and advertised as such) offroading at speed. Doesn't look like a good mix to me.
But as always, could be missing something.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get it. In the designing phase, why didn't they widen the footprint 1/2 to 3/4 an inch to bring it down below the top of the bed. It's a deal breaker for me. (Edit)

After a second look, it appears it was made for a different application and they "made it fit" for the gladiator. There's tons of space above the wheel well where the tank cold have been reduced in height to fit under the gladiator. As much as they charge for a simple plastic tank you'd think they'd make it fit the application.
I think you are right. It also would have been better if it was on the drivers side since that is where the fuel filler is.
Sponsored