Sponsored

Aux wires hookup terminal strip

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
There is a product called Simple Aux, a terminal strip for easy rearrangement of the AUX switch wiring, from BadgeGlow:
https://badgeglow.com/product/simpleaux/

I decided to quickly make up something similar from a basic terminal strip, a small sheet of Lexan, and some hardware. While it works, in the end I'd recommend just buying the Simple Aux solution instead. For one thing, the process of making my own wasn't quick. And it wasn't all that much cheaper to do it myself once you consider the cost of the time and fuel to gather, cut, drill, and assemble the parts.

Anyhow, now it's done and I already have two ditch lights attached to the cowl with heavy-duty stick-on Velcro until I see if they are useful enough to merit a more permanent solution. And I'll probably add two more at the back to help with moving the trailer at night and general campground lighting. And it's nice that you can tell the AUX switches to stay on when the ignition is off.
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Nice find, thanks for sharing.

Post some pics of yours. Homemade can sometimes be better or we can use it as a start on our own. Some of us value wasting time to save a half a buck and have some fun and pride in our own small homemade JT accessories. #BuildItYourWay

OP
OP
bd100

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
It's just a clear sheet of Lexan with some holes drilled in it. About the same size and location as theirs. Bolted on a 6-position terminal strip, and I ran a 10g for a ground position. Be sure to mount the terminal strip far enough away from the side of the engine bay that you can run wires and connectors to that side of the terminal strip.

OP
OP
bd100

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
By the way, if using the Simple Aux board where wires are soldered to the under side, it's probably worthwhile to seal the solder points because water will want to flow down to them. With a terminal strip where everything is on top there is less chance of water flowing sideways onto the connections.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
For anyone looking for a less expensive solution, a dual row, 6 position 600V 45A rated terminal strip with clear cover is only $9 on Amazon. Just gotta make a bracket.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the SimpleAux board a few years ago. It works well, I've had no issues with it.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the SimpleAux board a few years ago. It works well, I've had no issues with it.
I keep checking back and the version with the prewired pigs are still sold out. I'm sh!t at soldering.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I installed one a few weeks ago.
Sponsored