Sponsored

Bad Fox Shock

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
I see it now! The AR is a big upgrade in many ways but not cheap.
ps...my antirock is dead quiet AFTER i rechecked all the bolts..the side retainers that hold the arms to torsion bar did come a little loose after flexing a few times. when you initially put the arms on they need to find the sweet spot to center the arms to the bar if that makes sense...re torqued those and no noise at all...I thought marvelous i got to live with noisy Heim joints but nope..all is quiet now :)
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Yes its coming from the rear. But I did install the sleeves from MC on the springs. I may look at them to see if they are installed right. I am also going to Jeep Jam and I will be putting my JT on MC CTI Trailer, so I will have them look it over.
Oh manā€¦. Iā€™m gonna just miss yaā€¦ Iā€™ll be in Moab this Sunday!

have fun with ctiā€¦. Lucky!!! :like:

OP
OP
BalancedPete

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
Update: The new shock arrived, so I was able to swap it out. That original shock was crap for sure. I was able to compress it easily between my hands, and then it just held all squished. Compared to the new one that took every bit of strength I had to push it up into the axle bracket!! No more clunk when I drive!!!

Jeep Gladiator Bad Fox Shock Shock Replacement 01

Jeep Gladiator Bad Fox Shock Shock Replacement 02

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Update: The new shock arrived, so I was able to swap it out. That original shock was crap for sure. I was able to compress it easily between my hands, and then it just held all squished. Compared to the new one that took every bit of strength I had to push it up into the axle bracket!! No more clunk when I drive!!!

You know it's bad when you can compress it by hand and it stays.
I bet that thing not only doesn't clunk, but you can feel the difference on certain road conditions.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
There's no pressurized gas left in that shock. It all leaked out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BalancedPete

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
You know it's bad when you can compress it by hand and it stays.
I bet that thing not only doesn't clunk, but you can feel the difference on certain road conditions.

For sure! The ride is very noticeably improved. Glad I finally got this fixed.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I just put a Mopar lift on my wifeā€™s wrangler and I called the dealer about the shock thatā€™s bad out of the box they wonā€™t even order me a new one so I can exchange it they said they need me to bring the Jeep in and have them look at it and replace the shock for me

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just put a Mopar lift on my wifeā€™s wrangler and I called the dealer about the shock thatā€™s bad out of the box they wonā€™t even order me a new one so I can exchange it they said they need me to bring the Jeep in and have them look at it and replace the shock for me
Interesting - MOPAR parts have a warranty of their own - and if there's a defective part, their parts department should get a replacement under that warranty.
However - one thing they told me at a local dealership was that if parts are put on a truck that's under warranty, it's covered under the truck warranty and maybe that's what they are doing or how they are handling it. In that case - it's what they've got to do to get reimbursed.
But if it was bad out of the box, I'd not even had put it on, I'd have taken the thing back and showed them.
They likely must have the parts in hand first - I can see that. You could ask for a shock and never take back the bad one, and then they're on the hook.

Interesting to see there that goes now.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Interesting - MOPAR parts have a warranty of their own - and if there's a defective part, their parts department should get a replacement under that warranty.
However - one thing they told me at a local dealership was that if parts are put on a truck that's under warranty, it's covered under the truck warranty and maybe that's what they are doing or how they are handling it. In that case - it's what they've got to do to get reimbursed.
But if it was bad out of the box, I'd not even had put it on, I'd have taken the thing back and showed them.
They likely must have the parts in hand first - I can see that. You could ask for a shock and never take back the bad one, and then they're on the hook.

Interesting to see there that goes now.
Well, the aftermarket wheels and tires I had mounted and balanced a few months ago, I went to put them on, and I found a bunch of weights fell off so they need rebalanced. Needless to say I never put the shock on, lift is finished otherwise, Iā€™m half tempted to take it in the box to another dealer and just have them and try to get them to warranty it. Really donā€™t want to drive on a bad shock and I gotta take wheels off to be balanced anyways, I donā€™t trust people taking my wheel/tires off and putting them on. Plus my wife can drive the gladiator.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
no it was with the stock bar/links on..had a knock and thought was tight when checked with a wrench driving would cause the link to twist and hogg out the hole for the link eventually splitting the link mount as you see in the pic. had to put the AR on in its replacement
Iā€™ve seen rubicon/Mojave tear out the bracket. Yours is a sport S.. did you have a lift on when your bracket tore out?
I canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve seen anybody say their bracket tore with stock suspension.
Either way it seems like a bad design
Sponsored