Where do I even put these?
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Here’s my question;

are those for the trails the vehicle has done or the driver??

I’ve got a few that I earned driving the trails in the JK but never put on the Jeep. Would it be improper to put them on the JT since IT didn’t do the trails or is it cool to put them on there to show the trails IVE done?

Sponsored

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
Here’s my question;

are those for the trails the vehicle has done or the driver??

I’ve got a few that I earned driving the trails in the JK but never put on the Jeep. Would it be improper to put them on the JT since IT didn’t do the trails or is it cool to put them on there to show the trails IVE done?
Good question!!

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Disagree.
You did the trail. The mule doesn't get the credit the guide earned.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Disagree.
You did the trail. The mule doesn't get the credit the guide earned.
Isnt it a combination of doing a challenging trail in your rig? The badge shows that that rig did that trail. Doing a trail in one rig is different from doing the same trail in another rig. At the very least, Jeep intended them to go on the rig

JOIN THE COMMUNITY AND ADD A BADGE OF HONOR TO YOUR JEEP® BRAND VEHICLE
https://blog.jeep.com/news/join-the...f-honor-to-your-jeep-brand-vehicle/index.html

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Climbed Everest but changed my shoes so I can't claim it now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Climbed Everest but changed my shoes so I can't claim it now.
You can. You do whatever you want, it's obvious I'm not going to change your mind. For me and the Jeepers around here, the badges go on the rig. If I get another Jeep, then to put a badge on it to show IT went through the trail, I'll need to do the trail in THAT rig.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
You can. You do whatever you want, it's obvious I'm not going to change your mind. For me and the Jeepers around here, the badges go on the rig. If I get another Jeep, then to put a badge on it to show IT went through the trail, I'll need to do the trail in THAT rig.
Well if you wanna be shitty about it then I guess I should point out that these are all very tame trails and the rock crawlers I run around with tend to laugh at those guys who think these are an accomplishment. There is a reason I have a fistful that have never been attached to anything.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if you wanna be shitty about it then I guess I should point out that these are all very tame trails and the rock crawlers I run around with tend to laugh at those guys who think these are an accomplishment. There is a reason I have a fistful that have never been attached to anything.
I didn't mean to come across as being discourteous. The caps were just for emphasis. Perhaps I should have used italics, but didn't want to bother with formatting.

And I'll concede a point you made to you. That if you are the kind of person who swaps rigs or changes them often in drastic ways, then you wouldn't want whoever gets your rig to get the badge, since they didn't do the trail, nor would you consider your "rig" having done one trail when it was in one configuration as opposed to another trail with drastic improvements.

My intent was not to argue with you on what you should do with your badges, but offer a reason for putting them onto a rig for those who asked, and so yours wasn't the only voice of opinion on the matter.

I don't like rock crawling, I see it as pointless. But I don't judge the folks that do them. That's the great thing about the Jeep community, we are all friends in the same passion/tools even if we have different implementations. Friends?

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I didn't mean to come across as being discourteous. The caps were just for emphasis. Perhaps I should have used italics, but didn't want to bother with formatting.

And I'll concede a point you made to you. That if you are the kind of person who swaps rigs or changes them often in drastic ways, then you wouldn't want whoever gets your rig to get the badge, since they didn't do the trail, nor would you consider your "rig" having done one trail when it was in one configuration as opposed to another trail with drastic improvements.

My intent was not to argue with you on what you should do with your badges, but offer a reason for putting them onto a rig for those who asked, and so yours wasn't the only voice of opinion on the matter.

I don't like rock crawling, I see it as pointless. But I don't judge the folks that do them. That's the great thing about the Jeep community, we are all friends in the same passion/tools even if we have different implementations. Friends?
:beer::fist bump:
Forgive me if I was quick on the draw being a bit testy. Less than 24 hrs till my team starts heading to KOH and lots left to accomplish. Plus we are missing parts....which always sucks.:time::no:

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:beer::fist bump:
Forgive me if I was quick on the draw being a bit testy. Less than 24 hrs till my team starts heading to KOH and lots left to accomplish. Plus we are missing parts....which always sucks.:time::no:
Best of luck to you in your endeaveor :beer:
Sponsored