Sponsored

Badge of Honor Trails

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Good info.
Well, since I know zero, zip, about a "Jamboree", what it is, how it works, what it costs, or whatever, I absolutely can't comment.
Don't know what they cost - but I know other events and it costs to put things together, marketing, advertising, organization, securing the location, whatever. I guess it's all in what's important to the person going or not going.

My Overland has the limited slip rear. I just put on Rubicon wheels and Falken A/T tires last week.
I noticed it does help in snow working with the traction control.
I had to laugh when I got it stuck in my driveway in an inch of wet snow.
I had backed into our turnaround area, was driving out, it was spinning almost all the way up -then stopped moving and started to slide sideways and backwards. I got it stopped and put it in 4H and drove out. Maybe there was ice under there - it's Iowa. Just leaving home can be an adventure!

20200124_112306.jpg
As far as Jamborees go there a whole thread on it
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-jamboree-events-whos-gone.25129/
(I tried to post enough info for the member that was asking about it)

now on the getting stuck part.... yeah... I got my JT rubicon stuck in my yard and had to winch myself out! :facepalm:
In my defense, all the rain and snow you’ve been getting just north of us, we’ve gotten also, (plus the one storm that came up I-44 and hit us but missed you). Went to get something from the barn out back and drove the truck back there to load it in the bed and drive it around to the house. 5 foot from the side of the barn the ground slopes down (terraced kinda) at about 20degrees for 25 foot or so. Well I parked sideways on the edge of the slope, got out and my shoe sunk 1&1/2” when I got out. Needless to say when I got back in the truck and put it in drive (w/4 wheel high) it immediately slid sideways down the hill into the mush at the bottom. Tires were still at 38 lbs and instantly packed full of mud. Went to 4lo and engaged the lockers but all I managed to do was dig holes and ruts. Couldn’t get up the slope and had to run the winch to a tree to get up to flatter ground. Lol :facepalm:

my wife got a good laugh out of it (and I’m laughing about it NOW) but she did ask two days later if I was still happy with the truck. The answer...hells yeah! That was totally my fault for being complacent and driving into the muck.
Sponsored

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
It's odd to me that they have Peter's Mill Road as the only badge of honor in VA. You don't even need to put a vehicle in 4WD to do that one.

I think Potts Mountain Jeep Road is the only really challenging public-land off-roading in Virginia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zZMOt4_W6k

The Cove is great when Big Dogs is doing an event there.

I’m going to be going in March with a local group to Rausch Creek—about 3-hours away in Pennsylvania.

zanAGCL.jpg

zuWbKzy.jpg

wWGNaPz.jpg
I would love to meet up with some of you guys if you do Rausch creek!

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Jeep did a video when the Gladiator first came out. They took a few stock Rubicons to do the Rubicon trail and all of them did just fine.

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to meet up with some of you guys if you do Rausch creek!
Okay. Let's organize this. I may be able to recruit a JLUR coworker. We only have to have a group of 2 or more. For the next month or so, we would be wise to do moderate trails, given the likely amount of snow on them. When would you want to go?

Anyone else on board?

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m down for whenever. Rausch is less than a couple hours from me.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You want to plan on next Saturday? Looks like there's no snow right now.

You have a winch? If not, no problem; just planning.

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You want to plan on next Saturday? Looks like there's no snow right now.

You have a winch? If not, no problem; just planning.
sure that works. I do not have a winch installed yet. I have straps. Haha

Sponsored

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Okay. Let's organize this. I may be able to recruit a JLUR coworker. We only have to have a group of 2 or more. For the next month or so, we would be wise to do moderate trails, given the likely amount of snow on them. When would you want to go?

Anyone else on board?
I"ll be headed to Rausch in May (Memorial weekend) if anyone wants to join me.