First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
You’ll be very pleased. Really great tire.
I'm betting I am as well.

Went ahead and ordered F&R Clayton adjustable track bars, the rear with the bend for additional tire clearance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
andrewjcoleman
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Those would be fine. Work out to be about 11 inches wide. I think the overland wheel is 7.5” wide so the 11 is a touch wider than sites recommend, but plenty of people run up to 35s on stock wheels without imminent death. The rubicon essentially comes with the setup you want on a 7.5” rim.

When you say "imminent death" that makes me nervous lol are you teasing me or will I be ok for the life of the tires? I don't want to mount them then have to switch wheels at a later time. Hah!

OP
OP
andrewjcoleman
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Got them put on and love them! Unfortunately, I found out that the spare wheel isn't 18in and a 17in so I have to buy another 18in wheel which kinda sucks but oh well!

Also, the thing feels like I am driving a tank now and def more sluggish lol should I get a Tazer and calibrate my Glads because my MPG went wayyyyy down (more than it should have) thanks in advance!

Jeep Gladiator Baja Boss AT Tires B53DBAC7-01C3-4285-A9CE-3B6AD28954B6_1_105_c

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I guess I can add to this thread… I got these tires early December, they are awesome. Love how quiet they are and how well they do in snow… can’t wait to see how they last.

Sponsored

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
I have a set coming now. 37x12.5 17. These do a nice job of looking aggressive while being good for every day driving.

Hank

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
I've got them in 37x12.5x17 on methods. They have an amazing look, their on road manners have been great and I got to use them in fresh snow and VERY icey roads this past weekend and was super pleased. In weather that my old ridge grapplers would have tokyo drifted in, I drove around like it was a sunny day.
Phenomenal tire.

Jeep Gladiator Baja Boss AT Tires unnamed

Sponsored

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
What vendor have you guys/gals gone with to purchase these? Online or local shop? Thanks!

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
What vendor have you guys/gals gone with to purchase these? Online or local shop? Thanks!
Online at 4WP during their holiday's sale. Had them shipped to a local 4WP and picked them up there. Could have had them mounted and balanced for free by 4WP, but decided to have local friend who has literally done thousands of big tires do it instead.

I did not buy the new wheels or new TPMS's at 4WP.

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
I decided to run the Mickey Thompson Boss A/T after looking at how aggressive they looked on a Mojave. On and off the last 4 years I have ran the Milestar Patagonia and the Cooper STT Pro on Jeeps in 37"s.

So far 37x12.50r17:
  • 3 peak rated - So far they have lived up to the title on the road. Perhaps because of the AT style, they cross snow piles with ease on secondaries and freeways. I feel comfortable most of the time running slightly faster than the slow lane, but do yield occasionally back to that lane as other vehicles can zip past me. Ice - they are darned good, as I can easily stop faster than with the Pats and STTs.
  • Deep Snow - Originally started at 10psi on some snow runs. Man it was a lot of work in 2 feet of snow. Gain 3-4 feet forward, backup, plow forward another 3-4 feet. Dropped the tires to 5 psi and what a huge difference. The only thing stopping me, was they guy I had to pull out behind me.
  • Weight - Weighing in at 80lbs, you notice the difference. On 5.13 gears, the transmission downshifts more often and lost 2mpg over the Patagonias. That could be rolling resistance as well since the tire indeed have more contact. I don't appreciate the heaviness from these tires.
  • Balance - This is the part I absolutely hate about these tires. At 65mph+ it feels like I am riding a horse. You can actually see the bed bouncing when I get on certain parts of the freeway. My local shop suspects some of the tires are defective from the factory and ordered another set.

2021-11-12 14.02.25.jpg

2021-11-12 14.02.37.jpg

2021-12-05 11.18.24.jpg

2022-01-01 11.05.32.jpg

2022-01-01 12.07.45.jpg

2022-01-01 14.22.46.jpg

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I decided to run the Mickey Thompson Boss A/T after looking at how aggressive they looked on a Mojave. On and off the last 4 years I have ran the Milestar Patagonia and the Cooper STT Pro on Jeeps in 37"s.

So far 37x12.50r17:
  • 3 peak rated - So far they have lived up to the title on the road. Perhaps because of the AT style, they cross snow piles with ease on secondaries and freeways. I feel comfortable most of the time running slightly faster than the slow lane, but do yield occasionally back to that lane as other vehicles can zip past me. Ice - they are darned good, as I can easily stop faster than with the Pats and STTs.
  • Deep Snow - Originally started at 10psi on some snow runs. Man it was a lot of work in 2 feet of snow. Gain 3-4 feet forward, backup, plow forward another 3-4 feet. Dropped the tires to 5 psi and what a huge difference. The only thing stopping me, was they guy I had to pull out behind me.
  • Weight - Weighing in at 80lbs, you notice the difference. On 5.13 gears, the transmission downshifts more often and lost 2mpg over the Patagonias. That could be rolling resistance as well since the tire indeed have more contact. I don't appreciate the heaviness from these tires.
  • Balance - This is the part I absolutely hate about these tires. At 65mph+ it feels like I am riding a horse. You can actually see the bed bouncing when I get on certain parts of the freeway. My local shop suspects some of the tires are defective from the factory and ordered another set.

Jeep Gladiator Baja Boss AT Tires 2022-01-01 14.22.46

Really appreciate the review. Looking to go bigger (37s or 38s) on my Mojave and two of the tires I have been debating between are the Baja Boss A/T vs M/T in 37. I generally run an aggressive MT but the Boss AT has my interest for the likely improvement on the road in snow, ice, and rain. Wish they came in a 38x12.5!

Cheers
Sponsored