Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I see two upgrades avialable for our JT:
1. Mopar Ball Joint Kit $285
2. Dana HD Front Ball Joint Kit $199

Does anyone have any experience with either kit? Which one is stronger?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are thinking about stronger ball joints, consider the cast iron Mojave knuckles at the same time.
Unfortunately I need to replace one now. My passenger side went right after my lift. Poking around it seems some JL peeps have experienced the same thing. Even on low mileage stock jeeps.

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
I failed passenger lower ball joint today (that ride got a little interesting when it failed at 68mph on the highway). Just ordered the Dana hd ball joints so we shall see how that goes.

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I failed passenger lower ball joint today (that ride got a little interesting when it failed at 68mph on the highway). Just ordered the Dana hd ball joints so we shall see how that goes.
Was it a complete break? I hope you survived without any other damage.

Sponsored

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
Was it a complete break? I hope you survived without any other damage.
Yep, it sheared right at the pin going into the knuckle. Parts shipped today I’ll have them Saturday. I’ll snap a photo when I pull it. Luckily everything else held it together but I’m going check it all at install then again at alignment. The steering stabilizer tie rod mount (rough country) took the brunt of it as I was lightly tapping the brakes to a stop.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
Why not warranty it? I don’t see how they could say it’s not covered because of the lift.

OP
OP
Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not warranty it? I don’t see how they could say it’s not covered because of the lift.
Honestly, they are a wear item and most definitely take on increased stress when you add bigger tires. Getting them warrantied is not a battle I want to fight when I roll in there with a big lift and 38Ă—13.5 tires. The ones I bought are specifically made to withstand the stress of larger tires. I would have ended up upgrading to these anyway. It just came a whole lot faster than I expected.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
Have you guys installed and tested out these HD ball joint's yet? How are they holding up?

I'm going to upgrade to 39's in the very near future, along with ARB, 5.13s and RCV axles. I figure while I'm there, I might as well upgrade these stock ball joints since they are most likely going to be an issue at some point in the future.
Sponsored