Sponsored

Basic first aid kit

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I have a lot of crap in my kit. I go shooting so I keep a good blow out kit including bandages for sucking chest wounds, quick clot, tourniquet, etc. This is in addition to a pretty extensive regular kit. The "regular kit" I've added a splint, scalpel, upgraded scissors, flashlight, a first aid book and a phone app, bunch of other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now. I had some first responders (actually personal friends) go through my kit and pick it apart, the only suggestion was more gauze, and they gave me some gauze. This is fairly large vehicle based kit, I'm really lacking on the small hiking/carrying type kit.
Sponsored

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT Mojave, '22 WL75 Overland, 21' BMW M1000RR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I have a MyMedic MyFAK in each vehicle and on our ATV's. Great kits. Use them all the time for bee stings, cuts, blisters, etc. Easy to keep replenished and the consumables fresh by buying "MOD"'s from the MyMedic website. I try to open them up at least once a month to make sure i'm familiar with where everything is located and to make sure nothing needs to be replaced.

Jeep Gladiator Basic first aid kit 20220606_134035

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Not sure where to post this.
I am wandering what type of things you include in your onboard first aid kit. I’m constructing a small kit that would include items to care for ouchies and comfort items to broken bones and gunshot wounds. Not an entire emergency room but enough to stabilize a medical emergency until patient can get to a medical facility or until a higher medical authority can takeover…
https://www.allmoparparts.com/part-ymm/2020-jeep-gladiator-first-aid-kit.html

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Hey OP, great thread! This had fallen off my To Do list. I didn’t give my very basic boo-boo kit enough thought until I started reading everyone’s valuable input on here. Hoping to also do a smaller kit for my HD now that I’m back from Sturgis. Keep it coming folks, I’m sure there’s plenty of other members eager for info and suggestions! :like:

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
We also carry the element sticks!!! Man! Those are great!!! Seriously, anyone who Has a fire extinguisher needs to trade it out for these! Not cheap- but can actually make “fighting the fire” a doable task….. 🍺👍🏼
Facts. great minds!

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have a MyMedic MyFAK in each vehicle and on our ATV's. Great kits. Use them all the time for bee stings, cuts, blisters, etc. Easy to keep replenished and the consumables fresh by buying "MOD"'s from the MyMedic website. I try to open them up at least once a month to make sure i'm familiar with where everything is located and to make sure nothing needs to be replaced.

Jeep Gladiator Basic first aid kit 20220606_134035
I have my first aid bag in the same place. It's easy to reach.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Following.

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
A couple thoughts.

One tourniquet is good, two or three are better. We had an accident at our marina a couple years ago, someone fell out of a boat and got their foot caught in the spinning prop. It took two to stop the bleeding In the leg Fortunately I had listened to the trauma instructor and had two in our first aid kit.

They are also light sensitive, so while hanging one on the outside of the kit might seem good for rapid deployment, over time a risk exists for the thing to fail from UV degradation If it is left exposed. I have a kydex holster for the ones on our kits for the boat, cars, and my range bag. The ones inside are of course protected.

As others have said, train on how to use them. Plan to buy extra tourniquet, as well as pressure bandage for that purpose and practice using them.

The other thing is to not forget about burns.

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
X2 on the MyMedic kits - we have one in each car. Also carry a SAM splint because ya never know...

Tom

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
We also carry the element sticks!!! Man! Those are great!!! Seriously, anyone who Has a fire extinguisher needs to trade it out for these! Not cheap- but can actually make “fighting the fire” a doable task….. 🍺👍🏼
We carry the element sticks as well. However, ours are in the JT and easily accessible for both the driver and passenger. In case of a fire and someone is pinned/stuck, we wanted to be able to reach them. Just a suggestion.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I just picked up a mymedic kit, but I plan to move it into a bigger case and add more “everyday” supplies like band-aids and bulk meds.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I started off with the Mymedic kit too. Great kit. I thought about worst case scenario way out on a 4x4 trail and decided to beef up the bag a little. I ordered a six pocket tool bag from Blue ridge overland and loaded the pouches for different types of injuries. I have Meds, Tools and gloves, Minor cuts and scrapes, Trauma/heavy bleeding, Burns, and Fractures/sprains. I splurged and got Cat 2 tourniquets, Israeli battle dressings, quick clot, chest seals, etc. I have two of each of the serious supplies. Better to be safe than sorry. The bag is attached to the back of the drivers seat with two quick release buckles.

Mark

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I just carry some bandages, antiseptic ointment, and aspirin.
I'm not much good at treating anything more than a booboo: I pass out at the sight of blood!

Kevin

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
One minute I’m thinking about how expensive a full kit is, and the the next minute I’m thinking about how cheap it is as insurance.

In a minor situation, it’s trip insurance to make sure you’re not seeking a pharmacy or a doc-in-the-box instead of enjoying your trip. In a major situation, it’s downright life insurance.

I just received my kit from mymedic today, but I’m already ordering a second plus some mods and a large hard case to round it out. The kit I’d ordered was rather comprehensive for non-life-threatening scenarios, but there are some items where they only supply a single unit. I’m not keen on having just one of anything because as soon as you use it, you’ve got nothing. In addition, they offer consumables such as meds and ointments, but those could easily be spent in a single outing.

We’ve got a dads-and-kids camping trip coming up, and for the most part, they’re woefully unprepared. So I won’t be surprised if I’m the only one out of 20+ people to have a first aid kit. So this gives me a reason to finally get off my rear and build a good one that’s not just a glorified medicine cabinet or a 300+ pack of band-aids.

All-in price is expected to be about $200 for 2 full mymedic kits, mods, and the new case. And I can always split up back up if I feel the need.
Sponsored