First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
We've had our Gladiator for about 3 weeks now and I've got 2 questions I can't find in the manual:

1. How do I get the ignition into the Accessory position? The book says it has an Acc position, but doesn't say how to access it.
2. How do I reset the trip odometer?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these ones are what I've come up with today...

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Just oress the start stop button without pressing the brake to go to acc

There are several trip odometers should show you the reserts in menu if you have the full color screen.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
#2 Move to the odometer screen on the screen behind the steering wheel using the wheel button controls on the left. Once there, there are two trip odometers, pressing OK at either will reset it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks everyone - I searched in the manual, both the physical manual and the pdf one, and could not find it - the manual states that the ACC position is there, and what it does, but not how to access it! Same with the trip odometers: it shows where to see them, but not how to reset them!

When we bought it, the dealer was only partially "open" - sales staff was minimal, and since we went in knowing the exact vehicle in their inventory that we wanted, the sales guy didn't spend a lot of time "selling" us the features. Probably partly our fault for not asking questions!

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Post #2 and #3 answered your questions.

ACC is accessed by pressing the start button WITHOUT pressing the brake. You can press it again to go into IGN as well and a third press will turn everything back off. You basically just cycle through ACC/IGN/OFF

Trip odometers are accessed though the steering wheel controls.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
For the odo you have to HOLD the "ok" button to reset it (it tells you this on the screen). I believe you should be able to download the book from the Jeep owner area (go to Jeeps website and look for owner). You'll also sign up for Jeep wave and whatnot there too. You should have gotten a paper copy in your glove box, I'd talk to your dealer if not. Maybe if you're in a communist state they don't have them anymore because it's tree murder or something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
For the odo you have to HOLD the "ok" button to reset it (it tells you this on the screen). I believe you should be able to download the book from the Jeep owner area (go to Jeeps website and look for owner). You'll also sign up for Jeep wave and whatnot there too. You should have gotten a paper copy in your glove box, I'd talk to your dealer if not. Maybe if you're in a community state they don't have them anymore because it's tree murder or something.
I did receive the hard copy manual when we bought the truck, and one of the first things I did when we got home was to download a copy to keep on my laptop. But as I said above, neither copy explains the questions I asked...thanks to everybody here for the help!

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I did receive the hard copy manual when we bought the truck, and one of the first things I did when we got home was to download a copy to keep on my laptop. But as I said above, neither copy explains the questions I asked...thanks to everybody here for the help!
Ah, I was on my phone when I saw this and was trying to answer quickly. I'm at work and it seems that SHTF, or is starting to... yay?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alan_Hepburn

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for that link - it goes to a manual that has 480 pages - the manual I downloaded 3 weeks ago has 670 pages and neither one of them answers my questions, but the great people here have answered my questions!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
We've had our Gladiator for about 3 weeks now and I've got 2 questions I can't find in the manual:

1. How do I get the ignition into the Accessory position? The book says it has an Acc position, but doesn't say how to access it.
2. How do I reset the trip odometer?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these ones are what I've come up with today...

Thanks in advance.
Page 117 to reset trip.
Page 196 for ACC mode

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You can also access the manual within the radio and use the search on there. I've used that many times when looking for a specific keyword.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
ACC is accessed by pressing the start button WITHOUT pressing the brake. You can press it again to go into IGN as well and a third press will turn everything back off. You basically just cycle through ACC/IGN/OFF
This is true but I think you will still need to have the fob in close proximity.
Sponsored