Sponsored

Because the regular frowny-clown grills aren't bad enough, there's this abomination

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I hate them as well, some people have turned Jeeps into what a Honda Civic was in the 2000s. I was an import guy when I was young and couldn’t afford more expensive cars to start with. Then, like now I add mods that benefit performance or functionality in some way.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I also get some mods that don't ADD capability, but I inherent have a negative gut reaction to mods that remove performance. Like "stance" and grills like this that block airflow while looking horrible.

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I also get some mods that don't ADD capability, but I inherent have a negative gut reaction to mods that remove performance. Like "stance" and grills like this that block airflow while looking horrible.
Yeah a mod here and there that’s cosmetic is normal. I’m gonna switch to the LEDs and as much as I can try and argue they provide better visibility blah blah blah it’s simply cause they look cool.:rock:[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
LOL, true, but with GOOD lights you really do gain a lot. I put ProComp LED headlights in my JK and it made the light bar useless, they were that good. And looked good.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Was sent this pic by a company from China a year or so ago, wanting to know if we would order a bunch of them.

Jeep Gladiator Because the regular frowny-clown grills aren't bad enough, there's this abomination crocodile-grille-1

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
Was sent this pic by a company from China a year or so ago, wanting to know if we would order a bunch of them.

Jeep Gladiator Because the regular frowny-clown grills aren't bad enough, there's this abomination 1632cc8411f8de329482c6f7cabe6c0d
if I ran a gator farm, and had the gator colored JT, and it was a quick swap, I could see using this one for parades and the like

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
True. And a Jurassic Park themed Jeep would fit there too.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I just can’t understand these grills. The stock Jeep grill design is part of what makes the Jeep a Jeep. My understanding is the 7 slots stand for the continents Jeeps were used to help the US military. I have also heard it’s that the Jeep was the first vehicle to drive on 7 continents. Either way, why take that heritage away from a Jeep by adding an ugly grill?
The original WWII MB had 9 slots, but early CJ and postwar military Jeeps had the familiar 7-slot grille, which was eventually trademarked.

The military M38 (late 40s, early 50s) even had the same curved intrusion into outer slots for headlights that JL and JT share.

Sponsored

TheMuffinOfEvil

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Ram TRX
Occupation
Own Tech Support Company
I try to respect what every owner wants to do to his or her vehicle and how they feel about it, but I could never ever put that on a vehicle I owned.

*excluding obnoxiously loud for no reason exhaust and stereo systems that disturb everyone else aroud.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
To each their own. BUT I am pretty sure it would overheat on the trail in any strenuous riding or towing. I am paranoid of my winch changing the dynamics of airflow- this thing is likely blocking 50% or more of the flow to the radiator.
When designing, they were already having issues with overheating in order to obtain tow ratings. Hence why the diesel version won't be able to tow as much when released. Now imagine when this style of grill is put on! Will be as u stated

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter

Jeep Gladiator Because the regular frowny-clown grills aren't bad enough, there's this abomination 1632cc8411f8de329482c6f7cabe6c0d
Tires, lift, bumper yes... gross green stuff with monster grill... yep, only in Chiiinnna

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Michael Bay would love it....he'd put a Decepticon badge on it and surround it with explosions.
Sponsored