Bed mount for freedom tops?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Plywood for the win! It’s been WAY too long since we’ve had a good plywood conversation. I heard you can’t even fit a sheet of it in the bed!;)
Good thing home depot delivered. In this time of national crisis and social distancing, i took the time to replace a few hundred feet of flooring down to the joists. So much plywood, its glorious. Bonus points for almost no waste.

As for a freedom top carrier, i wanna say no. They never did it for the jk or the jl. When ever im in the mood i just chuck the bag in the back. Im also not all that worried about them, krylon can take car of all the boo boos. Given mine is triple black i figure its just one of many, not intrinsic hit to resale value if i paint my own top black again etc.
Sponsored

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
My freedom panels are sitting in their storage bag on the PLYWOOD floor of my attic. The Sunrider is on for food!

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
What I'd love to see is an option that can be taken off fully and put back up decently quick. I want an option for when I'm out I can put it up while I'm at the store (full top and back) just in case there is rain, and I can take it back off before I set out of the parking lot. I don't like the soft top because of the weird quasi-spoiler it makes that I'm sure sounds great, and it doesn't open the back for the passengers (and it's above their heads). I don't mind putting whatever it is in the bed and covering it with the cover. All I see are bikini tops, mesh tops (nty), and full soft tops. I have no desire for the sunrider. If I want to take off my panels over just me I can put them behind the front seats, I don't transport others usually.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
My jk 2 door had a freedom top back you then placed it in the cargo area and used the quick clips wrap it around the back seat headrests.thats how it was supposed to be held them against the rear seat back. Worked great!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I was thinking about this exact same thing. I wish I had more metal laying around, bad time to run out. I was thinking of using the rail mount holes and the making a metal structure the panels clipped into like when they are installed.
Sponsored