Sponsored

Freedom panel mounts for a rack or molle panel?

RamRod

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
I’m wondering if anyone has seen or has freedom panel mounts for a rack or molle panel? Figured it would be a good idea to have somewhere to store the panels when I take them off.
Sponsored

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
There was a thread just the other day on a new patent for a tonneau cover which allowed mounting the freedom panels directly. You will have to look it up if interested.

OP
OP
RamRod

RamRod

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
There was a thread just the other day on a new patent for a tonneau cover which allowed mounting the freedom panels directly. You will have to look it up if interested.
I saw that one. I was more so looking for something that I can just mount to a rack or to the int insides of the bed. I don’t have a tonneau my bed is usually full of gear and the rack might not let it work.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
I saw that one. I was more so looking for something that I can just mount to a rack or to the int insides of the bed. I don’t have a tonneau my bed is usually full of gear and the rack might not let it work.
If you are extra handy that patent info might give some hints wrt rigging something up. This idea is fascinating I am surprised no business savvy folks have developed something. A panel that could mount on side of the bed rack and is easy to install and remove would be attractive to me. Come to think of it could probably make that same thing have an option to just mount to the bed making it even more marketable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RamRod

RamRod

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
If you are extra handy that patent info might give some hints wrt rigging something up. This idea is fascinating I am surprised no business savvy folks have developed something. A panel that could mount on side of the bed rack and is easy to install and remove would be attractive to me. Come to think of it could probably make that same thing have an option to just mount to the bed making it even more marketable.
If anyone doesn’t have something already my next route is to just build something that’ll do it. I couldn’t find anything on my google searches. If I have to build my own then so be it. Makes sense in my head for easy storage.

OP
OP
RamRod

RamRod

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Like the way glass is carried on the side of a vehicle?
Yeah pretty much what I was thinking. Or like how rebel off road has a table mount on the bottom side of the bed racks. Something that’s secure enough to not blow them off, but that’s nice enough to keep them from getting too damaged by wiggling around.

Jimbos

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Civic
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I hate that damn storage bag. I want to store my Freedom Panels on my bed rack, that is mounted over my roll up tonneau. Unless available (havn't found anything yet), I intend to fabricate one myself. I would like to emulate the top of the windshield frame using Mopar Targa Panel latch brackets to get nice secure attachment points. Would also fabricate mounting tabs for the rear and try to figure out how to lock them down so they don't walk. Open to additional suggestions.
Sponsored