First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Video Production
I bought some cheap-0 work racks online that are strong as all hell but ugly as sin. My kayaks are looooong as so with this setup they still stick out from the bed about 5' when centered on the racks. I don't like it at all. These racks are not adjustable. They are about 5" higher than the top. I am likely going to buy the Yakima ones and then add another cross bar up front using the mounting locations for a light bar. That will allow me to scoot them forward so that they match up with the truck length-wise. The other option is a trailer but that costs me double to park at the beach where I launch. With that said, the kayaks on the roof caused a crazy amount of turbulence while driving over 60. I had just bought the truck and drove from Pompano Beach to Austin. I thought the truck was broken. Spent two days with over-ear noise canceling headphones on because it sounded like the roof was going to come off.

IMG_0421.PNG
Sponsored

Freddy4130

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Video Production
This is the view from the front. It doesn't even go beyond the windshield when centered on the racks. With the forward crossbar, I will be able to push it forward so much farther leaving the stern to sit just above the tailgate. Much safer for backing into parking spaces and things like that. Annd that's my shortest kayak at 15' 7". The long one is 17'.

IMG_0422.PNG

671JTinDFW

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I have 2 kayaks, 1 @ 10 ft and the other @ 14 ft. I’m hoping I can find something similar to what I had with my Tacoma...

tfi3MK2.jpg

eq4fmP9.jpg
Who makes this bed rack? Looks nice. I need a solution for my 14’ SUP and outrigger canoe.

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have 2 kayaks, 1 @ 10 ft and the other @ 14 ft. I’m hoping I can find something similar to what I had with my Tacoma...

tfi3MK2.jpg

eq4fmP9.jpg
Do you happen to know if your rack fits the gladiator ?

Sponsored

robertm55

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I got the max modular rack.
It's great for my kayacks,bikes and rooftop tent (when I swap out kayack racks)
IMG_20200202_102607.jpg

BK_Yeti

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to know if your rack fits the gladiator ?
I didn't measure, but given my Tacoma had the 6 ft bed, I don't believe it would have.

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the max modular rack.
It's great for my kayacks,bikes and rooftop tent (when I swap out kayack racks)
IMG_20200202_102607.jpg
I'm really looking at this rack. Could you take some close ups of the attachment [points in the bed? Do you have the trail rails and if so would love to see pics of that close up too where they mount. I also noticed you have the brackets that allow the tonneau to stay on. How much of a pain is it the roll the cover up. You must need to slide the cover past under the bracket before rolling right?

Did you get the steel or aluminum rack?

Sponsored

Scenario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Yakima Longarm bed extender for our 9' kayaks. It looks like the best solution to keep the boats out of the wind for local trips, and avoid heavy lifting. My wife can finally handle this all on her own. It was also the cheapest solution. And when we do longer trips I plan to add a bed rack to mount the boats hanging over the cab.
longarm_low.jpg

robertm55

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
You just slide the cover past the first support and it rolls right up.
I do have the trail rail, the rack bolts in with four bolts, super easy.
I went with the aluminum rack.
IMG_20200202_120506.jpg