Sponsored

Belly pan skids, Metalcloak or RockHard?

KFraser

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 JL
Occupation
Restaurant owner
Hi, I’m shopping for belly skids for my JTRD and I’m looking for some input from folks that either have the MetalCloak or RockHard, or have seen a good side by side comparison.
Sponsored

OP
OP

KFraser

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 JL
Occupation
Restaurant owner
Thanks, but I was looking for more information on the steel skid sets.
One poster had issues with the RockHard aluminum breaking, which is good to know because I had also considered that as it’s only a couple hundred more than the steel.
The artec and next venture are out of my price range, and having had the Asfir on gas JT I would like something more protection.

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I have what is factory on mine, but I got a rock hard winch mount and I've looked into thier pans. If they are anything like the plate I got, they'll be the last belly pans you buy. If I upgrade or add to mine, it will be RH

Unkle Luk

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD; 2013 JKR
Occupation
Construction Engineer
I am running the Metalcloak full belly skid. Just like the rest of their products, it's well designed and built. It has taken a beating off road and has held up beautifully

Sponsored

WAJTRD

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU and 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Investments
I found Asfir 4x4 to get a fuel filter skid, but they're super reasonably priced and in pretty impressed with the quality

OP
OP

KFraser

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 JL
Occupation
Restaurant owner
I had no issue with quality on the Asfir set I bought, I just would have liked something that covered more.

OP
OP

KFraser

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 JL
Occupation
Restaurant owner
Does the Metalcloak cover all those super expensive exhaust bits ?
Hard to tell from the pictures.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
I found Asfir 4x4 to get a fuel filter skid, but they're super reasonably priced and in pretty impressed with the quality
How do you like their fuel skid? I'm thinking of getting their fuel and engine skid.

WAJTRD

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU and 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Investments
How do you like their fuel skid? I'm thinking of getting their fuel and engine skid.

I like it, I've seen horror stories on YT from The Story Til Now and Dirtlifestyle's channel about an ecodiesel wrecking their stock fuel filter "skid" on the Rubicon trail and bought the ASFIR the minute I saw it.

Don't know that I plan to wheel hard enough for a full belly skid just yet given it's my daily but time will tell

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, but I was looking for more information on the steel skid sets.
One poster had issues with the RockHard aluminum breaking, which is good to know because I had also considered that as it’s only a couple hundred more than the steel.
The artec and next venture are out of my price range, and having had the Asfir on gas JT I would like something more protection.
Thanks I will be following since I’m also deciding between these two. I have both Rockhard and Metalcloak products on my Gladiator and think they both offer great products. I think it will come down to which will offer the easiest install and removal when time comes to service the transfer and transmission

OP
OP

KFraser

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 JL
Occupation
Restaurant owner
I like it, I've seen horror stories on YT from The Story Til Now and Dirtlifestyle's channel about an ecodiesel wrecking their stock fuel filter "skid" on the Rubicon trail and bought the ASFIR the minute I saw it.

Don't know that I plan to wheel hard enough for a full belly skid just yet given it's my daily but time will tell
My wife and I attended the Coal Mountain Jeep Jamboree last year there was a guy that took out his fuel filter and some lines connected to it very early on the first day.
Sponsored