spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
So if my wife wants to trade her 2018 Grand Cherokee with only a touch over 13,000 miles, do you have a reach down this direction? Here they low-ball KB value on our trades (seriously) and they stick to MSRP on what they sell. Last trade they would only give us something like 3 grand under KBB and even other book values (trade values, of course!) and her last trade had only about 5,000 miles per year on it.
Not sure where you are located but drop me an email [email protected]

we’ve gone to just about every state but I think @JP1 might be our record holder for distance traveled
Sponsored

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where you are located but drop me an email [email protected]

we’ve gone to just about every state but I think @JP1 might be our record holder for distance traveled
Runnells, Iowa.
About 10 minutes SE of Des Moines, about 15 minutes from I80 - 20 from the I80/I35 mixmaster. 30 minutes from Ankeny, 10 miles from the Iowa State Fair that wasn't.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Wow! That's a bit of a drive @JP1 . @ShadowsPapa we've all had outstanding service with @spenchey, and I still wish my wife would have had patience to order her JLU through Motor Inn, instead of buying local. Would have saved her money, had stellar service and not had 7 hits to her credit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Runnells, Iowa.
About 10 minutes SE of Des Moines, about 15 minutes from I80 - 20 from the I80/I35 mixmaster. 30 minutes from Ankeny, 10 miles from the Iowa State Fair that wasn't.
That is easy, drop me an email when you get a chance

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! That's a bit of a drive @JP1 . @ShadowsPapa we've all had outstanding service with @spenchey, and I still wish my wife would have had patience to order her JLU through Motor Inn, instead of buying local. Would have saved her money, had stellar service and not had 7 hits to her credit.
I think there's a Motor Inn at Chariton, IA........... about an hour south of us. And my wife keeps mentioning "it's getting close to time".
She's even mused about "wonder if I could get a purple Wrangler"....... LOL

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Discussion stars at 10%
Forgot I posted this here, update not a single dealer in my zone got allocation so I can't order one even if I put in a sold order
Dude, focus ... Any serious discussion starts at 10% under FCA employee pricing and works from there.

Otherwise the savvy buyer walks his ass over to a Tacoma, Gawd forbid.

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there's a Motor Inn at Chariton, IA........... about an hour south of us. And my wife keeps mentioning "it's getting close to time".
She's even mused about "wonder if I could get a purple Wrangler"....... LOL
Knoxville we have a store there. They just had a used one they sold today....very unique look to it

328F1069-16D7-4F12-8D15-9B1E4241009D.jpeg

40B32675-E501-4072-82C1-94BB66769BC7.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Knoxville we have a store there. They just had a used one they sold today....very unique look to it

Jeep Gladiator Below Invoice Discussion @ Motor Inn of Spirit Lake 40B32675-E501-4072-82C1-94BB66769BC7

Jeep Gladiator Below Invoice Discussion @ Motor Inn of Spirit Lake 40B32675-E501-4072-82C1-94BB66769BC7
Knoxville, even less than an hour away. My wife has an aunt living there.

LOL - that's PURPLE for sure. She'd love the color.
She'll either go back to another Grand Cherokee, or go 4 door Wrangler - she goes to quilting retreats and get-togethers with friends and hauls a lot of her stuff - office chair, sewing machine, table, projects, iron, pillow, clothes, etc.

Will email with some details about what she has and what she'd look for in a vehicle. Convenience, lane departure, passive entry, and more. My son's Compass has auto-dimming headlights and my wife was really disappointed her GC didn't have that!

Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knoxville, even less than an hour away. My wife has an aunt living there.

LOL - that's PURPLE for sure. She'd love the color.
She'll either go back to another Grand Cherokee, or go 4 door Wrangler - she goes to quilting retreats and get-togethers with friends and hauls a lot of her stuff - office chair, sewing machine, table, projects, iron, pillow, clothes, etc.

Will email with some details about what she has and what she'd look for in a vehicle. Convenience, lane departure, passive entry, and more. My son's Compass has auto-dimming headlights and my wife was really disappointed her GC didn't have that!
Sounds good, I’ll keep an eye out for it

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
So if my wife wants to trade her 2018 Grand Cherokee with only a touch over 13,000 miles, do you have a reach down this direction? Here they low-ball KB value on our trades (seriously) and they stick to MSRP on what they sell. Last trade they would only give us something like 3 grand under KBB and even other book values (trade values, of course!) and her last trade had only about 5,000 miles per year on it.
Check out Carvana.They are paying premium prices for vehicles. I just sold my car and got offered 3K more than any dealership and 1500 more than kbb excellent value.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Check out Carvana.They are paying premium prices for vehicles. I just sold my car and got offered 3K more than any dealership and 1500 more than kbb excellent value.
I checked them and a couple of other online buyers, including KBB. A day later I got emails from a dealership buyer in MO - offering me 14 for my Silverado - 5k less than what a dealer here gave me to buy it. Everyone online was well under the "book" excellent low miles figures.
So I walked into the local Chevy dealer, asked if they buy trucks (they sell trucks like crazy) and yes - and a few minutes later I had more than 2K more than the Jeep dealer was giving in trade and only a bit less than KBB value.

Maybe I'd have better luck with my wife's GC and Carvana - but it's also a heck of a lot more simple if a dealer will "deal" on a trade when selling a new vehicle. AND you pay lower taxes.
I'd rather not mess with two transactions, getting refund on the unused license, then applying for new and so on. PLUS - if we sell her GC and then buy - we must pay TAXES on the FULL value of the new vehicle. It's not often worth selling instead of trading. In the case of my truck and JT - I have to get over a certain amount above and beyond what the dealer was willing to give to make it work because I'd have to pay taxes on the full cash price.
If you trade, you only pay taxes on the amount minus the trade value.

56,000 JT x taxes if you don't trade
vs
56,000 - 16,000 trade value means paying taxes on only 40K and not 56K
You only pay taxes on the cash part - not on the trade-in vehicle value.

Selling outright ain't often a good deal if you figure the taxes.
I had to get at least 18K out of my Chevy to make selling it worthwhile, anything less and I was better off accepting the lame dealer trade offer.

The KBB buy option was a freakin' joke! Give me a break. I think some of these outfits like that believe you are desperate to sell is why you are using their online wares.

We aren't desperate. We'd keep her Jeep if we can't get an honest decent deal.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I checked them and a couple of other online buyers, including KBB. A day later I got emails from a dealership buyer in MO - offering me 14 for my Silverado - 5k less than what a dealer here gave me to buy it. Everyone online was well under the "book" excellent low miles figures.
So I walked into the local Chevy dealer, asked if they buy trucks (they sell trucks like crazy) and yes - and a few minutes later I had more than 2K more than the Jeep dealer was giving in trade and only a bit less than KBB value.

Maybe I'd have better luck with my wife's GC and Carvana - but it's also a heck of a lot more simple if a dealer will "deal" on a trade when selling a new vehicle. AND you pay lower taxes.
I'd rather not mess with two transactions, getting refund on the unused license, then applying for new and so on. PLUS - if we sell her GC and then buy - we must pay TAXES on the FULL value of the new vehicle. It's not often worth selling instead of trading. In the case of my truck and JT - I have to get over a certain amount above and beyond what the dealer was willing to give to make it work because I'd have to pay taxes on the full cash price.
If you trade, you only pay taxes on the amount minus the trade value.

56,000 JT x taxes if you don't trade
vs
56,000 - 16,000 trade value means paying taxes on only 40K and not 56K
You only pay taxes on the cash part - not on the trade-in vehicle value.

Selling outright ain't often a good deal if you figure the taxes.
I had to get at least 18K out of my Chevy to make selling it worthwhile, anything less and I was better off accepting the lame dealer trade offer.

The KBB buy option was a freakin' joke! Give me a break. I think some of these outfits like that believe you are desperate to sell is why you are using their online wares.

We aren't desperate. We'd keep her Jeep if we can't get an honest decent deal.
That makes sense on our situation. I still had a loan on my car and was getting -3k equity so it made sense for me to sell ti Carvana because they paid off my loan. If you plan on getting rid of your wife’s GC it’s a good time. Used vehicles are hot right now and people are getting crazy offers on their cars. I asked Carvana why they gave me more for my car than what they offered me a few months ago and they said that because of the pandemic everyone is shopping online.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got an idea on our Grand Cherokee value as a trade (it's basically a mint vehicle body-wise and interior-wise with the upgraded mats, no dings, no scratches, dealer-maintained, etc. and only around 13,000 miles and some change.)
Now to choose what to get if she does choose to trade. If she could get purple, she'd be on their doorstep tomorrow. She wants PURPLE, or a wild lime green. But alas, even Wrangler has nothing but boring colors now. The "wildest" they offer is yellow and you can't get a body color hard top with yellow. Grand Cherokee has the same old colors they've offered the past 3 years - boring, dark, not fun but then they aim the GC at more luxury buyers who never paint a house anything but putty color, heaven forbid someone should paint a house blue or green! YIKES! So the wildest GC colors are - ugh, black, white, dull blue, silver, BORING.
I know when she finds out how Jeep has ruined the Grand Cherokee for 2021 she'll not be so interested in one. For one thing, a WIDER one won't fit out garage. We don't want a FAT vehicle. We don't haul 9 people. They shouldn't have messed with it - they should have left it alone and introduced another model based on the GC.
This time around is going to be really taxing because of the horrible lack of choices, the fact that once again they've messed up the GC (the last GOOD looking Grand Cherokee, IMO, was the WJ - When Chrysler made it fat and UNsleek like the Pacifica, they ruined it for me.
But the wrangler offers very limited options as well - and the colors are "meh" - uninteresting unless they introduce something better for 2021 color-wise.
Sponsored