FrankStallone

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Can I please get some help here?

KBB for my trade on the low end was $5K. They offered $4500. Payoff is $12900.

The only discount Im getting is the Tread Lightly Which they have as $500 but said it would be $800.

Im in NJ so finding the 5% below or more is tough to find.

I like how the truck is equipped but only options that are a must are: Automatic, Cold Weather, Max Tow, Hard top.

Anyone know a dealer that can beat this? Either do better on the trade or more below invoice? They say they wont do combine and rebates on a buy except Military $500, Trade Assistance $1000. Wouldn't combine USAA.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also I told them Im also shopping for my wifes car as well and they might get 2 sales at the same time. And they said they could take like another $5-10 a month off the lease.

Credit score is 658

Thanks

Invoice.jpg

Buy.jpg

Lease.jpg
Sponsored

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Oh my God. There is no way I would ever go 8k upside down in a trade just to get a new car.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

The only discount Im getting is the Tread Lightly Which they have as $500 but said it would be $800.

I like how the truck is equipped but only options that are a must are: Automatic, Cold Weather, Max Tow, Hard top.

Anyone know a dealer that can beat this? Either do better on the trade or more below invoice? They say they wont do combine and rebates on a buy except Military $500, Trade Assistance $1000. Wouldn't combine USAA.

Also I told them Im also shopping for my wifes car as well and they might get 2 sales at the same time. And they said they could take like another $5-10 a month off the lease.

Credit score is 658

Thanks

Invoice.jpg

Buy.jpg

Lease.jpg
To echo the sentiment, why on earth are you willing to take such a hit and go so far upside down for your trade? I mean everyone has a reason, just not always a good one (I did it once because my Camaro couldn't get up my snowy driveway when I bought a house), but I took a 2k hit, not 8.

I'm on Long Island, and I got 3% under invoice when affiliate pricing was still an issue to get in some places back in July/August. Should not be hard to get 5% under or at least close.

Treadlightly is 1% under Invoice, so they're lying to you. Don't do the deal, looks like you're getting hosed. Please go back and use the calculators and the resources the people of this page have worked so hard to provide all of us. Then get back out there and shop smart!

rubi14

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-7 Laredo, 1982 CJ-7 "The Texan", 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
shop owner
The Jeep you want will be worth 35K once you drive it off the lot. Invoice is most likely 40500ish. You are paying 54K for it with your 3K down. My math shows you are now upside down by 22K, if, God forbid, something happens and you need to bail on the Jeep. You will be upside down for a VERY long time, I would stay away!

TrewBrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
Does not make sense to roll 8000 into a lease that adds $220 to your payment with out considering interest. If you need to lease consider keeping both vehichles, that way you can keep mileage down on the Jeep and not end up with a big payment at the end of it.
I think with being upside down on the first car buying is not an option for you at this point.

Edit: I just looked at the numbers. Run, Fast. A big part of the payment is because of your old car. Why pay for something that you don't have.

Sponsored

FrankStallone

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I do appreciate the advice. But I already understood that this is not the deal I want. Was looking for more advice as far as getting into the Gladiator.
Most of the forum is saying to look for 5-7% below invoice which would be around $2200 to $3000 off. So does this include rebates if doing a buy? Or is this just where it should start anyways? Also on a lease Im told they dont do any rebates except Tread Lightly. Should I be trying to get more on my trade? (didnt seem like they would budge any on that.) Is this pretty standard to get way less that the low end of kbb? Also on rebates, can Military and USAA be combined? Thanks again.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Tell us about the vehicle you are trading and why you are so upside down

FrankStallone

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
2013 Mini Cooper JCW 107000 miles. last dealer told me that it had an accident on its carfax but when I bought it used the carfax was clean.

Last edited:

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together

Credit score is 658

Thanks

Invoice.jpg

Buy.jpg

Lease.jpg
Call Kent Shurtleff (208)-741-1289, He got me my deal on my 2020 at a amazing price

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
I know that you don't want to hear this. Take your $3,000 and pay if on the vehicle you own now. Then, pay $800/month on your vehicle until it is paid off in full. Then, order exactly what you want on your 2021 Gladiator.

Sponsored

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Oh my God. There is no way I would ever go 8k upside down in a trade just to get a new car.
To echo the sentiment, why on earth are you willing to take such a hit and go so far upside down for your trade? I mean everyone has a reason, just not always a good one (I did it once because my Camaro couldn't get up my snowy driveway when I bought a house), but I took a 2k hit, not 8.

I'm on Long Island, and I got 3% under invoice when affiliate pricing was still an issue to get in some places back in July/August. Should not be hard to get 5% under or at least close.

Treadlightly is 1% under Invoice, so they're lying to you. Don't do the deal, looks like you're getting hosed. Please go back and use the calculators and the resources the people of this page have worked so hard to provide all of us. Then get back out there and shop smart!
The Jeep you want will be worth 35K once you drive it off the lot. Invoice is most likely 40500ish. You are paying 54K for it with your 3K down. My math shows you are now upside down by 22K, if, God forbid, something happens and you need to bail on the Jeep. You will be upside down for a VERY long time, I would stay away!
Does not make sense to roll 8000 into a lease that adds $220 to your payment with out considering interest. If you need to lease consider keeping both vehichles, that way you can keep mileage down on the Jeep and not end up with a big payment at the end of it.
I think with being upside down on the first car buying is not an option for you at this point.

Edit: I just looked at the numbers. Run, Fast. A big part of the payment is because of your old car. Why pay for something that you don't have.
I heard the same thing a million times. I ended up leasing with a similar, but not quite as bad, situation as the OP. Why? Because it made sense financially.

1) A lease gets rid of negative equity faster than a "buy".
2) A JL or JT holds value better than anything in the nation, which helps point #1 even further.
3) It put me back into a new vehicle with bumper to bumper warranty, which made monthly budgeting easier.
4) It saves time in the long run because waiting until payoff on the old vehicle before ordering the new one would have added years to the big picture.
5) At the end of the day, I simply wanted to. And life is too short.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
OP - I wouldn't do that deal. If there was no accident reported then how come there is one all of a sudden? Regardless of that, 72 months sounds kinda long too. As a Mini Cooper owner, I gotta tell you Mini JCW hold their value when you sell privately. Since you are in NJ Iowa might be too far but did you try Travis in NC? @TriCityJeep do you think you can help OP get a fair deal?

People from NJ have ordered from Travis and he ships to them for < $800ish if I am not mistaken...

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Since you're asking for opinions/advice.......you're way upside down on your current vehicle and your credit needs some assistance. I'd wait for that new car and be happy with what ya got for a bit.
Sponsored