Sponsored

Below invoice includes what rebates/discounts?

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I'm curious how folks are getting below invoice. What are the rebates or discounts that are offered or given by the dealer? I'm in negotiations now, and there's a bit of "when it gets here we'll take off any additional rebates offered by Jeep". But it seems many folks are getting deals on the daily. Besides Tread Lightly, what else could I expect or ask for? Right now the best they are offering is 2K off MSRP of 55,999.

what are the various rebates people are getting to get best prices? Can @spenchey or other's that have gotten those deals what rebates they were given?
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It can vary from dealer to dealer but anything below invoice pricing is usually what the dealer will offer because of unadvertised to consumer dealer hold backs from the manufacturer, SPIFF's and unspent advertising money the dealership get from corporate for local advertising but instead keeps it and just applies it to the equation when making the vehicle sale deal.

Corporate consumer rebates are above and beyond negotiated invoice pricing and added after the fact. Quite a few dealership here on the board and others off board are now easily doing a minimum 5% below invoice, you just have to shop around for them and seek them out. It is not an entitlement your local dealer sell below invoice, so if they do not want to deal, seek out and move on.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
I think this is going to be a very micro, not even necessarily regional, answer. It’s all going to be about supply and demand. I look around the Northern Virginia area and lots are flooded with Gladiators. Even outside of the DC area in places like Culpepper, which is about 70 miles from DC, the lot is full of Gladiators. We have seen really good prices recently from exactly what Hootbro is describing. Dealer holdbacks. The dealer has a lot of wiggle room to make deals if they want and need to move inventory. My deal had very little actual rebates and really was almost all dealer discounts. I got just under $11k off MSRP and if I calculated it right, it was about 10% below invoice. Pretty much all but $2k I think was dealer discounts.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
When I negotiated, I negotiated the dealer discount first. Then I had them add the 2,000 incentive. Think I got 13% off MSRP.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It can vary from dealer to dealer but anything below invoice pricing is usually what the dealer will offer because of unadvertised to consumer dealer hold backs from the manufacturer, SPIFF's and unspent advertising money the dealership get from corporate for local advertising but instead keeps it and just applies it to the equation when making the vehicle sale deal.

Corporate consumer rebates are above and beyond negotiated invoice pricing and added after the fact. Quite a few dealership here on the board and others off board are now easily doing a minimum 5% below invoice, you just have to shop around for them and seek them out. It is not an entitlement your local dealer sell below invoice, so if they do not want to deal, seek out and move on.
I think this is going to be a very micro, not even necessarily regional, answer. It’s all going to be about supply and demand. I look around the Northern Virginia area and lots are flooded with Gladiators. Even outside of the DC area in places like Culpepper, which is about 70 miles from DC, the lot is full of Gladiators. We have seen really good prices recently from exactly what Hootbro is describing. Dealer holdbacks. The dealer has a lot of wiggle room to make deals if they want and need to move inventory. My deal had very little actual rebates and really was almost all dealer discounts. I got just under $11k off MSRP and if I calculated it right, it was about 10% below invoice. Pretty much all but $2k I think was dealer discounts.
Do they know these in advance? Seems like they should.

I'm getting the sense that it's a "we'll see what else we can do once you put your deposit, place your order, and it gets here". Using the info from these forums, I'm guessing my 55K MSRP build would come in the upper 40s at 5% below invoice.

Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they know these in advance? Seems like they should.

I'm getting the sense that it's a "we'll see what else we can do once you put your deposit, place your order, and it gets here". Using the info from these forums, I'm guessing my 55K MSRP build would come in the upper 40s at 5% below invoice.
I don’t think you would see these kinds of discounts if you custom order. That isn’t inventory they have to move. They know they have a confirmed buyer. I think your best deals is going to come from what is on the lot, you just have to weigh what is most important to you. I knew what I wanted, used USAA as a buying service, and between the 3 dealers had I have offers from I think they sent about 25-30 different Gladiators. That helped narrow in further on what I wanted. I have been doing that for years and save tons of money. I never have ordered something for delivery. I just haven’t seen the need and find what I want with likely 95% of the options I want.

OP
OP
PsyRN

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think you would see these kinds of discounts if you custom order. That isn’t inventory they have to move. They know they have a confirmed buyer. I think your best deals is going to come from what is on the lot, you just have to weigh what is most important to you. I knew what I wanted, used USAA as a buying service, and between the 3 dealers had I have offers from I think they sent about 25-30 different Gladiators. That helped narrow in further on what I wanted. I have been doing that for years and save tons of money. I never have ordered something for delivery. I just haven’t seen the need and find what I want with likely 95% of the options I want.
I get what you're saying. I've been looking for a while, and I haven't really seen much with options I want, or with expensive "upgrades" I don't want at a price any better then ordering what I want and trying to get below invoice. That's how I started with this dealer. They had a model that had maybe 80% of the options but not in a color I wanted and it is still more then what seems feasible with a special order.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
In my town, a $56K Rubicon in stock will have a $4K discount from MSRP, minimum. An affiliate membership (Tread Lightly, for example) will net you an additional 1% off of invoice.

Tri Cities Jeep (a member dealer on this site) is currently offering 7% off of invoice on ordered units.

Just a couple of comparisons for ya; good luck.

Last edited:

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
I'm curious how folks are getting below invoice. What are the rebates or discounts that are offered or given by the dealer? I'm in negotiations now, and there's a bit of "when it gets here we'll take off any additional rebates offered by Jeep". But it seems many folks are getting deals on the daily. Besides Tread Lightly, what else could I expect or ask for? Right now the best they are offering is 2K off MSRP of 55,999.

what are the various rebates people are getting to get best prices? Can @spenchey or other's that have gotten those deals what rebates they were given?

Up until last month, other than affiliate pricing, there was no rebate, it was just us cutting a great deal that any dealer could do...if they wanted

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi

Another thing to make sure you're looking at is the "other" fees. @spenchey is honest and upfront. He'll give you a price and the only other fee is a $75 document fee. At some other dealers the other fees can be several hundred to over a thousand!!

Sponsored

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
I get what you're saying. I've been looking for a while, and I haven't really seen much with options I want, or with expensive "upgrades" I don't want at a price any better then ordering what I want and trying to get below invoice. That's how I started with this dealer. They had a model that had maybe 80% of the options but not in a color I wanted and it is still more then what seems feasible with a special order.
If traveling out of state isn't an option for you, there is a thread on here about Ca dealerships with a few good options on below invoice w/orders.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another thing to make sure you're looking at is the "other" fees. @spenchey is honest and upfront. He'll give you a price and the only other fee is a $75 document fee. At some other dealers the other fees can be several hundred to over a thousand!!
This is a true statement and another very micro to regional cost. I have lived in Northern Virginia almost 17 years, NJ prior to that for a few years, and the document fees out here have always been higher than when I lived in Texas an Arizona. Sometimes you might be able to negotiate, but most dealers it is what it is. I think the past 4-5 cars I have bought it has averaged $499-799 depending on the dealer. I used to push to negotiate that a lot more, but the last three cars I bought the dealer brought in from affiliates and honestly since I didn't want to make the drive to pick the vehicle up, I was ok with that. One dealer delivered my daughters car from Richmond to our home in Manassas and if you live in the area you can probably understand why it was worth that vs the round trip to Richmond!

Anyways, the dealer has to make some money too. Beyond your sales person looking for a commission, they need to pay the management team, the appraisal if you have a trade, finance, inspection costs if you live in an area that has them, and detailing. When you get a great price with XX% off invoice, just remember they still need to make some money. I am not saying you shouldn't negotiate, but they are running a business with a lot of mouths to feed.

OV_Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Suburban
First post as a member!! Been following for quite some time. Buying very soon. Quick question about fees. Is the destination charge of $1,495 considered a fee? That’s a pretty high number.. I have loads of traffic signal poles delivered to Georgia from Nebraska and Texas. The entire load is $1500... Not a car hauler with 10 vehicles.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
First post as a member!! Been following for quite some time. Buying very soon. Quick question about fees. Is the destination charge of $1,495 considered a fee? That’s a pretty high number.. I have loads of traffic signal poles delivered to Georgia from Nebraska and Texas. The entire load is $1500... Not a car hauler with 10 vehicles.

You can raise a stink all you want but even if you could pick the jeep up at the plant you'll still have to pay it. Not trying to be rude or anything just telling you how it is

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It is a levelized cost regardless of location in the lower 48 states. Also, the cost is spread out to cover both rail and distribution pooling yards and not just the cost of truck and rail transport itself.
Sponsored