Best Sturdy Fenders?

jaxonawain

First Name
Jakson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So a recent run through Fins and Things, my back fender snagged a bush and ripped completely off. Coming from a 95 wrangler to this 22 gladiator, was kind of a shocker how flimsy and ill-attached these new fenders are. looking for an upgrade, any suggestions?
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Metal cloak just came out with aluminum tube fenders for gladiators. They look really nice.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Absolute sturdiest would be metal cloak, probably their steel ones.

However... imo... where the fenders attach to itself is not really all that sturdy. If you hit something hard, something's gotta give. Is it going to be the body or the fender?

Now I know people will tell you that they've rested the truck on the fenders with no body damage, but if push comes to shove I would prefer the fender be the one to bend first.

OP
OP

jaxonawain

First Name
Jakson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
do you think that that is the reason for the brittleness in the clips? I was thinking that jeep designed them to rip off. the clips themselves are maybe 90 cents from mopar (although of course I have just been using zips)

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
do you think that that is the reason for the brittleness in the clips? I was thinking that jeep designed them to rip off. the clips themselves are maybe 90 cents from mopar (although of course I have just been using zips)
I suspect it's more so the body isn't damaged. Your plastic fender's gonna be smoked if it comes to that, but the clips are to save the body panels... not save the fenders. Fenders are a lot cheaper and easier.

Which is why I went with JCR. Probably less sturdy than Metal Cloak but I specifically wanted that, and they look great, have minimal clean lighting, and will hold up to hits but they're not meant to be supportive. I want those to fold, not the body panel.

OP
OP

jaxonawain

First Name
Jakson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Awesome! Thank you so much! I like your logic. Where did you get yours?
Sponsored