Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
where are those ring repair kits sold?
It was free under warranty. They send cables, springs, side rails, and new foam seals. It was easy. I did it in an hour. I removed it and did it on the floor. It’s tight as a drum again.
Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Huh. Just bit the bullet and ordered a Sunrider. Hoping mine has the new style clips.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Huh. Just bit the bullet and ordered a Sunrider. Hoping mine has the new style clips.
Either is fine honestly. The z clips are easier than the new system in my opinion. Loctite on a 1/4” bolt is a pain.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
There’s nothing wrong with the z-clips. I assembled mine on top of the jeep, rails first then top. Had the z-clips in pretty quick. Nothing to fuss about at all.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
Just installed mine tonight. I’ll just say that I wish I’d found the Quadratec install video first.

Anyways…got it all together, double-checked everything to make sure that the z-clips were set and the rear edge of the deck was tucked.

On that ^ last part…I THINK I got it right. Everything tightened down well, the latches are secure, there are no funky looking seams, and the top is quiet (not hearing any whistling or other possible indicators of a leak).

That being said…I do have a question for those that have installed these. Does the rear portion/deck tuck look right to you here?

If so…I will probably hose it down good this weekend and check for leaks. Thank you.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider Update - No more "z clips" E9D19A7C-ABBE-49BB-9425-727CD47264E8

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider Update - No more "z clips" 4F556874-2633-4B3A-9C7A-63F1FB990C6B

Loud Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
Just installed mine tonight. I’ll just say that I wish I’d found the Quadratec install video first.

Anyways…got it all together, double-checked everything to make sure that the z-clips were set and the rear edge of the deck was tucked.

On that ^ last part…I THINK I got it right. Everything tightened down well, the latches are secure, there are no funky looking seams, and the top is quiet (not hearing any whistling or other possible indicators of a leak.

That being said…I do have a question for those that have installed these. Does the rear portion/deck tuck look right to you here?

If so…I will probably hose it down good this weekend and check for leaks. Thank you.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider Update - No more "z clips" 4F556874-2633-4B3A-9C7A-63F1FB990C6B

That’s what mine looks like. I believe you are good

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

On that ^ last part…I THINK I got it right. Everything tightened down well, the latches are secure, there are no funky looking seams, and the top is quiet (not hearing any whistling or other possible indicators of a leak).

It’s not a huge deal, but it can be adjusted to look better. The idea is to have it assembled on the keep, but with the hardware loose. Then tighten each bolt one at a time, checking for the wrinkle.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stuff
It’s not a huge deal, but it can be adjusted to look better. The idea is to have it assembled on the keep, but with the hardware loose. Then tighten each bolt one at a time, checking for the wrinkle.
Ok, I took my time tightening them up, but I didn’t know to look for that as I went. The next time I’m puttering in the garage, I’ll loosen everything up and see if I can’t work that wrinkle out a bit. Thank you.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I took my time tightening them up, but I didn’t know to look for that as I went. The next time I’m puttering in the garage, I’ll loosen everything up and see if I can’t work that wrinkle out a bit. Thank you.
Any time. I didn’t either until my first install looked like that. :)

OP
OP
MojaveMags

MojaveMags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

E9D19A7C-ABBE-49BB-9425-727CD47264E8.jpeg

4F556874-2633-4B3A-9C7A-63F1FB990C6B.jpeg
It might even stretch out a bit once it gets wet but looks pretty good to me.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider Update - No more "z clips" PXL_20230602_123925372
Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider Update - No more "z clips" PXL_20230602_123949286

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
It was free under warranty. They send cables, springs, side rails, and new foam seals. It was easy. I did it in an hour. I removed it and did it on the floor. It’s tight as a drum again.
So Bestop sent you a kit of parts and you re-strung the cable(s) through your top?

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Freedom Edition High Velocity
Occupation
Business

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider Update - No more "z clips" PXL_20230602_123949286

Mine looks the same on the driver side, it bothers me at times and I keep messing with it. It doesn't leak at all and works great. It is just one of those it is what it is things I think.
Sponsored