Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
As a current softopper owner that rear closure looks like a significant improvement.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Of course! Let me know if you need anything else!

1614805721202.png

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 1614805721202
Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed Jeep-Gladiator-B-4-1050x1050

I cant honestly say which one I like more. The soft topper is a more low-profile design on the sides seems less bulky overall.

But the bestop is a sleeker design that doesnt takeup the interior bed room when folded down.

cost wise they're almost the same.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I don't see why it wouldn't, it's above the trail rail.

If you go back early in this thread you'll see where we tried to get this clarified.
No one was willing to commit, but at the time they didn't want plans known for the SuperTruck 2.
Now with images showing it above the top caps DECKED can commit.

DECKED wouldn't work with the SofTopper without notching the top of the panels.

Sponsored

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
If you go back early in this thread you'll see where we tried to get this clarified.
No one was willing to commit, but at the time they didn't want plans known for the SuperTruck 2.
Now with images showing it above the top caps DECKED can commit.

DECKED wouldn't work with the SofTopper without notching the top of the panels.
Roger all that. Look at the two pics. The bars on the new one are on the bedsides not in the bed.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
@Bestop

Thanks for being as attentive as you have been with us. Some folks get annoyed but its nice to have contact with a company

Regarding the tonneau

The pictures of the tonneau that matches the supertop truck 2 looks like it has an additional bar that goes onto the tailgate. Is that real or just a rendering thing?

If its real how would it connect to the tailgate gate w/o being a breaking hazard with the tailgate down and cargo in the bed?

511BAE42-27C4-4DF1-9A68-9F186A9DB449.jpeg

2B9B4565-DDAF-49C1-BA5B-8DAE1CAB31C4.jpeg

2D0753D4-4757-4A1D-857F-921D37548939.jpeg

8EF9E4C1-0782-4B2F-9537-13DB751C9F07.png

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@Bestop

Thanks for being as attentive as you have been with us. Some folks get annoyed but its nice to have contact with a company

Regarding the tonneau

The pictures of the tonneau that matches the supertop truck 2 looks like it has an additional bar that goes onto the tailgate. Is that real or just a rendering thing?

If its real how would it connect to the tailgate gate w/o being a breaking hazard with the tailgate down and cargo in the bed?

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 8EF9E4C1-0782-4B2F-9537-13DB751C9F07

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed 8EF9E4C1-0782-4B2F-9537-13DB751C9F07

I would guess that cross bar on the back for the tonneau attaches to the side tonneau frames like most other tonneaus and stays up when the gate goes down. Interested to the @Bestop response.

Cianalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport MaxTow
From the youtube videos I've seen for other models, that does appear to be the case.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
From the youtube videos I've seen for other models, that does appear to be the case.
Thanks! That makes a bit more sense.

The only thing that keeps getting me is how big the frame pieces are on the sides. If you were to get the tonneau that goes with it I feel like it would just ruin the lines of the truck bed with this weird extra high piece just for the tonneau. It would almost look like one of those diamond plate metal ones that some people have.

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thanks! That makes a bit more sense.

The only thing that keeps getting me is how big the frame pieces are on the sides. If you were to get the tonneau that goes with it I feel like it would just ruin the lines of the truck bed with this weird extra high piece just for the tonneau. It would almost look like one of those diamond plate metal ones that some people have.
That extra height might work well for those who caries a slightly taller fridge.
I'm not too keen on the rear crossbar though.

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
If we can figure out how to secure those side rails to the t-slot rails on the BAK X4 Revolver tonneau, I could easily swap between secure tonneau and non-secure soft cap for various usage.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If we can figure out how to secure those side rails to the t-slot rails on the BAK X4 Revolver tonneau, I could easily swap between secure tonneau and non-secure soft cap for various usage.
Yea that’s more what I was hoping for. Realistically this is just a home for my pups while we pull the camper around.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not too keen on the rear crossbar though.
Me either. Unfortunately both softtopper and bestop have it. The softtopper one seems less imposing. But the bestop one looks to me like it will get a better seal.

What i do like about the bestop is the cross bar neatest the cab. It looks like it will make for a tight fit without drilling snaps into your bed like the softopper

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Me either. Unfortunately both softtopper and bestop have it. The softtopper one seems less imposing. But the bestop one looks to me like it will get a better seal.

What i do like about the bestop is the cross bar neatest the cab. It looks like it will make for a tight fit without drilling snaps into your bed like the softopper
Hey @Gren71
The rear crossbar on the tonneau is not connected to the tailgate. The tailgate can be raised and lowered with that crossbar in place and thus, with the tonneau on. It's similar to our Ziprail style tonneaus.

The rear crossbar on the Supertop for Truck 2 is similar, it stays in place with the tailgate up or down and it gives the rear window a place to secure to.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if there are others!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored