Sponsored

Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I believe they were shooting for this past week.

With no announcement here and nothing major changed on their website, looks like we're still waiting.

spyder721

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku
I believe they were shooting for this past week.

With no announcement here and nothing major changed on their website, looks like we're still waiting.
darn ok as tom petty once said waiting is the hardest part lol

Sponsored

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
FYI, they cancelled my black diamond order after waiting a few weeks. Spoke with the customer service rep and they indicated if I reordered it would be around mid July for the black diamond (sorry, I didn't ask about twill).

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Personally, I've written them off. Have spent the money set aside for something else.
If/when they finally release the twill for sale and it's not some crazy wait time, I might reconsider.
To hold a tease out for almost 2 years with very little progress and to delay the option that probably will sell the most is a little ludicrous.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Personally, I've written them off. Have spent the money set aside for something else.
If/when they finally release the twill for sale and it's not some crazy wait time, I might reconsider.
To hold a tease out for almost 2 years with very little progress and to delay the option that probably will sell the most is a little ludicrous.
I hear you. I did spent the money set aside for it as well. I'm currently considering just a rack. I would still prefer to get the twill topper and the Datin fab rack combo. I'm not in a rush but I not sure if I want to wait past august. The go rhino rack looks good, and for the price, it won't hurt too much if I end up dumping it. The only disadvantage is dust and possible rain on my gear, especially the fridge.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Sorry guys, no update yet. It has taken longer than I expected which is why I always hesitate to promise a date. I really do expect it to be very soon, however. I sincerely apologize for the long wait.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
I've had money set aside for this and the rack for some time. It's now summer and no new news to actually plan for. I think I might have to bounce on another option or plan B. I don't want to, but this is getting ridiculous. I'll have to look at the Go Rhino option. What other potential solutions are out there that folks are leaning towards?

spyder721

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku
I've had money set aside for this and the rack for some time. It's now summer and no new news to actually plan for. I think I might have to bounce on another option or plan B. I don't want to, but this is getting ridiculous. I'll have to look at the Go Rhino option. What other potential solutions are out there that folks are leaning towards?
What is the go rhino?

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
I cannot recommend the vinyl version in hotter climates for dirt road driving. At high temperatures (95F+), the material expands and the fitment along the bottom rails is no longer kept taut. In these conditions, it only takes a few miles of dirt road or rough roads, and one or more sides will start coming loose at the rail, and then the wind does the rest. I bought mine from a local camper top seller, so I'm probably SOL for a return.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed IMG_1472

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I cannot recommend the vinyl version in hotter climates for dirt road driving. At high temperatures (95F+), the material expands and the fitment along the bottom rails is no longer kept taut. In these conditions, it only takes a few miles of dirt road or rough roads, and one or more sides will start coming loose at the rail, and then the wind does the rest. I bought mine from a local camper top seller, so I'm probably SOL for a return.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop teaser concept: folding soft cover / shell / topper for Gladiator bed IMG_1472
That sucks.
Sponsored